Have you ever been scared by your luck?

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all! Please tell me if it happened to you - you play poker, at first you are unlucky, And then you start to win every hand! You take everything and everyone! And now you are already the first in the tournament, and a wild thought comes to you - what if I will always win everyone now? This scares you and you start to lose and lose the tournament with nothing. Have you ever experienced this?

I will add my thoughts on this later.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such situations are an illusion that can lead to loss. It is better to act according to the game plan without distraction from the process. When I felt invincible I was always punished for it.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all! Please tell me if it happened to you - you play poker, at first you are unlucky, And then you start to win every hand! You take everything and everyone! And now you are already the first in the tournament, and a wild thought comes to you - what if I will always win everyone now? This scares you and you start to lose and lose the tournament with nothing. Have you ever experienced this?

Absolutely not. Even when it comes easy I always try to remind myself even a blind squirrel finds a nut! I think 99% of us are in it just for the fun anyway and to toss around a little bit of money. Always remember that no matter how good you are also... a LOT of luck is involve in winning almost any amount of money over a short period of time!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely be happy with such an event. Why should I be afraid of him? It also made the game easier for me and I didn't have to worry about losing.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I must ask are you, kinda, new to poker? What you are describing, to me, is what I felt like when I started playing tournaments. Some weird form of anxiety that could only exist on the felt. It's what they call it running good. When the cards start to dry up it's time to switch gears, play more ABC-ish and watch the table closely. Figure this game out and you'll never feel like that again. Keep asking good questions, like this one, and the wins/cashes will come. :icon_thum

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must ask are you, kinda, new to poker? What you are describing, to me, is what I felt like when I started playing tournaments. Some weird form of anxiety that could only exist on the felt. It's what they call it running good. When the cards start to dry up it's time to switch gears, play more ABC-ish and watch the table closely. Figure this game out and you'll never feel like that again. Keep asking good questions, like this one, and the wins/cashes will come. :icon_thum

Thank you very much for your question! I promised to tell my thoughts about my behavior and feelings that I described, now the time has come and you brought me to this with your question. When I played and I had the feeling described above, it was because I was inexperienced in the game! I thought that my whole game was based on whether I was lucky with the cards or not, when I am lucky, I am very pleased with myself and I think that I am doing everything right! When I stopped leading, I began to swear at everyone, at the opponent, at the random number generator, even at God! I thought to myself that I am such a failure because God does not love me and deliberately puts me in such situations! Now I realize that I was completely wrong! I now win prizes more and more often! I make stupid mistakes less and less. And when I make a mistake, I come back, look, analyze, and next time I don’t make such mistakes. As for the feeling that frightened me, it disappeared by itself. I am now more confident in myself and do not blame anyone but myself.

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes horrible feeling!! so scared that when i get AA's i think i will loose due to the badbeats that it feels unsafe having pocket aces blaming it on the luck, or the donks that shove with any hand, who knows.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it happens sometimes. It's hard to stop. I start playing even 2 9, because I have confidence that a card will come to me. Then I think I could have stopped and taken a place much higher, but what can you do now. The tournament is over, you need to remember this moment and next time use a large number of chips to take a place as high as possible.

Ssssssnakes

Ssssssnakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day I won like a dozen SNGs in a row. I could do whatever I wanted, it worked and I ended up on top. That was scary. But don't worry, it's over again:)

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes when my confident in playing is gone.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, never happened to me, but I witnessed many times when others at the table are experiencing it. One of the examples - one in the table is having good run, but suddenly I get AA and go all in. He calls with 10-4 (stupid, isn't it) ...and wins. Complete nonsense.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same thing happen to me some people will call with anything but they lose more times then they win calling with nothing and hit with there random cards they need it blows my mind but that's poker for ya it can be a very stressful game

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never count on it or you will fall off your horse and the fall is ugly! I understand that this is a very pleasant feeling, especially when you introduce someone to poker and sometimes you feel invincible, but this is far from the truth. Unfortunately the reality is stark and raw.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, this has happened, probably everyone who plays poker has had it, Doyle Brunson called this moment in the game as Rush a long time ago, says if there comes such a moment in the game, then you need to play every hand.
On the contrary, I rejoice at such a moment, luck in poker is very good, there is no need to be afraid of it )).

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips

remove this from your thought, thank me later:)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably in my beginnings it was similar to what you mention and I had feelings of fear in tournaments with high tickets, I did not know what to do being in a good position in the tournament and I ended up falling apart, today I have mastered those feelings, he also did not leave me influence when seeing that in preflop folded cards they would have made me win the hand especially what has happened to me what happens often, I follow my way of playing and do not pay attention to something external or rather I do not let myself be influenced:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always afraid of losing, losing makes me tilt

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Illusion, from my experience there are down swings and up swings, down swings happen more often than upswings playing mtts, all is based on deep runs and bigger hits

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In one tournament, playing in the freeroll, I was very lucky, but I was not scared, but just surprised.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not scared.
Just careful not to make any stupid moves.

One day I started to receive only premium hands (3 or 4).
I just wanted it to be spread out. There are so many great places to come an AA and come 83o. =/
hahahaha

C

Cute Octopussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, one day I played tournament and when my AA were beaten in preflop all-in my stack become quite small. I tilted. And after this I won 2 preflop all-in with as I remember J3 and 56d. I have been scared of this luck for a little and in the same time I was angry that AA lost, while this 2 hands won.
After this all-in I finished my tilt and continue the tournament.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes that happened to me at some freerolls I am winning for about all hands I get almost each hand good cards,I go all in and I knockout each player then I am worried and not sure when to stop I am thinking that I am unstoppable and that I cant even lose and that I willl be first but that is not true.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get extremely lucky, I go with the momentum and put myself in position to win.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it can seem that way, but you must resist the temptation to start playing everything too loose thinking you can't loose. Of course, I'm sure we've all done it at one time, but I see it almost every time I pay for sure. Someone is getting lucky almost every hand, so they start playing recklessly, but (if you are at their table long enough) you will find that same playing eventually going cold and even going out - it's an illusion, a trap, and it will end, just as cold streaks do.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Treat every hand as a different situation, circumstances differ for each hand you play.