Have you been dealt Pocket over pairs, and everyone folds?

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens often in the tourneys I play. I was just dealt K's, and everyone was either sitting out, or folded! :eek: I'm not the person that believes sites are fixed, but it does seem rather unusual. Has this happened to you?

Last edited:
Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This happens often in the tourneys I play. I was just dealt K's, and everyone was either sitting out, or folded! :eek: I'm not the person that believes sites are fixed, but it does seem rather unusual. Has this happened to you?
Happens to me a lot too. :( I don't think that it means anything is fixed though, just that everyone else must have had a relatively sad hand that wasn't worth playing.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alot

These things happen more often than you really think it should. Which site were you on btw? When I’m in a ring game it happens quite often and does get irritating.

Z

Stay Safe

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of Boost games and often have pocket AA/KK/QQ on the BB and have everyone fold including the SB! Can't even steal blinds sometimes.

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in California, I have few choices so play at ACR. Yeah, I highly doubt the game is rigged in any way, but as Emily said, it happens a lot! A few months back, I was dealt K's back to back, everyone folded on the first so was careful to slow play the second pair, and did get a small pot from the one player that called. lol

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, it happens.. My most frustrating aces was when I was on BB and nobody raises or limped-in and another time - I had AA on UTG, and when I raised and nobody calls((

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the table, if all the players are tight, it is most likely to happen that nobody has anything, but usualy there is always some players who like to get it in with weak hands, but yes, it does happen to me too a lot

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it often happens that I walked away and just at that moment a good card was thrown off, it happens more often than when I sit at the computer and wait for the card.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it happens many times, specially when I get AA.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really often. Helps that i never slowplay them.

Gorbonz4988

Gorbonz4988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes happens alot to me or it's say I get kks and the one person who calls raise or ( I usually will caution if reraise) bc there have AA it's like I feel happens to much but then someone explain to me when we're playing online poker we're seeing about six times more hands than we would see in an hour live so that's a huge difference.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, just about every time I play. I'm usually in the big-blind or on the button w/A's or K's. I think that once in a while I'm playing w/players who are multi-tabling and their looking to only play premium starting hands. Also I think since holding pkt-A's or K's that leaves only 2 of the cards in the deck and might have missed the deal and mostly rags remain so you get folded to; kinda makes sense to me.
I don't believe this issue stems solely from online games being rigged, I don't believe that they are. I think online players fold more, anyway, because of the anonymity. In a live game you're exposed, pressure can be literally be seen. Plus online players tend to wanna play in a hurry, especially mt's imo.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, especially when in the BB, with AA I already know Im gonna get a walk.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have I got pocket over pairs and everbody folds

That happens to me everytime I play a online poker game.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. After a bazillion hands you're in the Big Blind and dealt AA or KK and everyone folds around to u :mad:

Makes u wonder if they can see your cards. :D

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many times. Can be a super aggressive table and I get AA on the big blind and it's folded round to me. The other one that's happened a lot is being short stacked and getting AA and ending up splitting the pot vs a raggy ace.

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get over pairs and everybody folds is ok, you get the pot. I always run into AA when i get KK or QQ.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it happens. Especially when I am sitting with a small stack, I think that finally a good hand came in and everyone folded. :playingba
But it's strange to look for some kind of catch here. How many times does this happen when you have 72, you fold, and your opponent has AA? - You do not know.
Check out the replays of the final tables on PS, I think this is happening there too.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments with 300 or more players, it happens to me 1-2 times in cash games for 1000 hands 2-3 times.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everyday without fail. So annoying when no one wants to play!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play, the more often that will happen. Pocket aces or kings are quite frustrating because I win about 70% of the time with those hands, but my dollar ratio is terrible because pockets aces or kings often net me the blinds and antes, or sometimes a bit more...but when then get cracked, it can cost huge sums of money or chips in tournaments.

P

PotPlucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to get action with the big pockets. I think its due to the vpip number. Putting money more often tends to get more action when do have a real hand. I don't know how the RNGs work among the sites. It sure seems like the delay for the river card sometimes. Still some say that the effort to program and code in cheats to influence runouts would cost millions of lines of code and lots of money. Do you think poker sites would pay that? The only factor I consider from time to time is if they would profit from reducing server time by ending games more quickly with big hands meeting frequently.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to me way too often, but also am not convinced of site-riggery. What really galls me is how often an ace hits the flop, when I have pocket Qs or Ks...

Last edited:
Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is where that old adage comes from: pocket aces almost always win small hands or lose really big ones. It's like cliches, these adages become overused precisely because they ring so true!

The more you play, the more often that will happen. Pocket aces or kings are quite frustrating because I win about 70% of the time with those hands, but my dollar ratio is terrible because pockets aces or kings often net me the blinds and antes, or sometimes a bit more...but when then get cracked, it can cost huge sums of money or chips in tournaments.

Folding in Poker