Hand review

P

Pokerist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I’ve participated in two different free rolls. In both of them, while I had a good position I lost in one all in (with an excellent hands). The scenario was similar in both hands. I’m suspicious that these websites (poker888 and pokerstars) are not fair. I believe what I say in the following is impossible to happen in one day:

Pokerstars: I had 9-3, I was bb and just checked. Two others joined the call. Flop was 9-3-2. I was two pair with top pairs, and there were two diamonds on flop, so to avoid possible diamond draws, I raised about 6bb. I also had one diamond. The next person went all in (around 50bb) the guy after that called, then I also called. The first raiser had 9K, the other one had 2 small diamonds (2-6 I believe), and then guess what, he got flush in river.

The next example happened in 888poker. I had average stake size (4k, bb=150). I had JK, in dealer position. I called bb and join the pot, 4 others in the game. Then flop was JJQ and two of them were spades. I already had set, possible str8 draw. sb raised one bb. Everyone called, but I didn’t want to slow play, since the pot was good enough and I didn’t want to let someone with 2-3 spades win the hand. So I went all in. Two players called, and both of them had spades. I lost in river when they hit the flush.

Both of these events happened in free rolls. Except when it comes to real money, maybe in one third of MTT games that I play I reach final table. Happened to me to lose flush with AK high to a straightflush, but these cases that I‘ve explained above, both of them in the same day sounds quite suspicious. Specially the case of 888poker.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to you happened to me repeatedly on every room I played. This circumstance can only be accepted. The main thing is to stick to the game plan. Analyze your game and opponents. Make positive decisions. Analyzing the game using specialized programs and tighten up your weaknesses. And you will be happy. After all, nobody canceled the variance.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The probability that your opponent hits a flush when they have a flush draw on the flop is 35%, so this isn't a rare occasion at all. As you play more and more poker you will learn to accept those beats.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The probability that your opponent hits a flush when they have a flush draw on the flop is 35%, so this isn't a rare occasion at all. As you play more and more poker you will learn to accept those beats.

Exactly. Losing to a flush or straight is just part of poker, and sometimes we are the ones, who put these beats on our opponents as well. There is nothing unusual, unlikely or even remotely suspicious about, that OP has experienced. Also OP need to do a reality check and ask himself, why any poker site would risk their entire business by rigging the deck in a freerool? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands