Guide to Multi-Tabling in Online Poker

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"To decrease the variance in poker, one of solutions is therefore to play on several table at the same time. These game sessions, often, tiring, because they require a high concentration, requiring prepartion in advance with in particular good mental prepration's and the optimal selection of your opponents. During the session, it's therefore important not to want to be the hero and adopt a classic's game style. After the game, you have to take some time on the hands you just played to see the things that worked more or less well." That s the conclusion of anonyme author's article, i had read, and find very interessing.

Last edited:
Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good guide from a mathematical perspective, considering the bb/100 rates. However, it would have been great if the guide also said that, in order for multi-tabling to be effective, mathematically precise actions are imperative.
There is no room for thinking and over-thinking hands, decisions need to be sharp and mathematically correct for this way of playing to be profitable.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch some of the online twitch streamers playing 10 or more tournaments at once, I have no idea how they maintain focus. They certainly can't be tracking how other players play aside from stats. These guys must assume they'll make more playing at maybe 90-95% effectiveness at 10 tables than they would at 100% effectiveness at 4 tables.

For me, 3 tables is a good number. 4 is fine most of the time, but you eventually will run into a spot where you'll have a legit hand in 3 or 4 tables all at once...which gets a bit crazy.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very interesting and informative article.
As far as I am concerned, 4 tournament (or Sit'n'Go) tables is the limit. Beyond that I get very confused. Same applies for cash games full-ring.
6-max cash games I can manage two and fast folding cash games just one.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good article. Thanks. The main point in it is that everyone has his own limit of the optimal number of tables. Too much as too little will inevitably affect the potential profit. But not for all poker is a source of income. 90% of people say they play for fun. And what pleasure can you get from the contemplation of rapidly changing gaming tables? Personally my limit 3-4 ordinary the table, and in case if this zoom enough and one.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting article. Of course, in general, I trust certain norms and standards of playing on multi tables at the same time expressed in it. The dependence of the number of tables on the amount of total income also aroused my interest. But I believe that you need to start from one table, and then how to get it - if a person can consciously manage 10 tables, then please))))

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, very good article, to play many tables before anything the player should be comfortable, that will not overlap the tables, I started playing with 3 tables in parallel and has done very well. I liked this part of the article that I recommend to all: " Eliminate one or two tablets if you have trouble making decisions in the allotted time. Add a table if you find that there is enough to keep you busy"
It is well and always be taken into account. regards

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a little video on how to find the optimal number of tables to play

I think it's a nice compliment to the awesome article that Tammy put together with the help of Jeff Gross! Awesome depth in there :)

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Depends on the format. I think if you are playing a lot of 10 handed tournament tables particularly in the early stages you can play more as you are going to be playing tighter.
Personally if I am playing cash (prefer 6 max) I would not go above 4 tables.
4 is the ideal number for me as I don't feel it takes from my concentration but everyone is different.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(1/2) Strategy/Discussion thread: Guide to Multi-Tabling in Online Poker

When I set the goal of playing multiple tables, my general thought was that when playing a high volume of hands, the variance would decrease, but this thought was very limited, because playing more hands did not mean playing better.

I understood that saturating myself with many open tables affected my earnings, that factors such as my level of attention and concentration were essential, so I decided to focus on my goal. Is it motivating me to make money? Or do I want to become a professional player? That is the question we must ask ourselves.

I like to think long term, and the best decision would be to improve my poker skills, this leads to playing fewer tables so that I can think more deeply about my game, in the short term if I just want to make some money, I would play as a I robot all the tables that will occupy the space of my monitor.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Great article, as always!

At only one table it gets boring, I'm fine with 3-4...but if I wanna play more games in same time I need a bigger monitor, or maybe 2...I don't have problem with concetration :)

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good article.
I normally play tournaments, and i have tried with 5 freeroll tournaments Sunday evening, but it did not work out. From experience i know that 3 tournaments, at the same time, is my max.
To play my best, no more than 2.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks!
I don't play MTT quite often lately because it takes a lot of time and I favor blast on 888

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I have to play several tables.
But I really don't like it especially when they start flashing at the same time.
It's a little annoying.
I prefer lately to concentrate on one big tournament.

One of the unique aspects that sets online poker apart from live is the ability to play more than one table at a time. But did you know that your overall and hourly win rates can and will be affected by the number you choose to play? But just what is the sweet spot for number of tables?

Our Multi-tabling guide has all the info you need to help you break it down and figure out just how many tables you should (or shouldn't) be playing. There's also some helpful advise from our Jeff Gross. Read the article, and then let us know how you determine the how many tables you play!

Multi Tabling In Online Poker

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good info here. Thanks every1. I can play 2 tables pretty easy. I play for fun so its different than if yr tryin to grind.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a useful article giving specific info about number of tables and win rate. I think three tables is my limit, but ideally I still prefer playing one table at a higher stake so I really concentrate on what's going on. The pressure to make multiple decisions quickly stresses me out.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as possible I play at three tables, I consider an ideal game at 1-2 tables.
Thanks for the useful information.

P

PST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Table count

I try 3-4 tables myself.