The Great Debate - Which Room to Deposit on?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
To start, I'm looking for unbiased feedback from our forum on which of the following sites is the best to have funds on.

I spend the majority of my time playing on pokerstars with a fair bit of Party mixed in, but I'm looking for other sites that may be better for softness of games, quality of reward programs, and overall variety of play offered. Don't suggest rooms outside of this list as I have reasoning as to why they are on the list. And I'm probably looking at a deposit of around $100 USD if that helps the anaysis.

BCP - I play on BCP for the freerolls a fair bit, and have accumulated a fair amount on there, but I have not deposited here yet, and I am considering it in case I ever wanted to get my freeroll winnings off. But outside of the freerolls I'm not sure about the site, reward system, etc.

BOL - Again, I play the freeroll on here weekly and have some familiarity with the site via its partnership with SB. However would this be a good site to go for a change of scenery?

888 - I have deposited and withdrawn on here in the past, but I currently have less than $10 right now. I have considered going back here, but I am still very leery about their reward system as I think it's extremely sub-par to Stars. But if the games are the softness anywhere, is there value in putting money back to grind?

TigerGaming - I played on this site years ago and I'm surprised it's still around. I remember it being incredibly soft but have no idea what the traffic is like on it today or what the bonus system actually is.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the list I have mostly played on 888 Poker. The promotions are pretty good with the treasure map and poker club freerolls. The vip system is not bad when moving up levels and redeeming gold coins for tickets and merchandise.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Stick to Pokerstars or partypoker there is a reason why they are considered the leaders in the market. If I am going to make an investment in time and funds I would go for those two.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the list I have mostly played on 888 Poker. The promotions are pretty good with the treasure map and poker club freerolls. The vip system is not bad when moving up levels and redeeming gold coins for tickets and merchandise.

I disagree on the VIP system - I'm at level 56 or something and the gold coins that come back are still crap. The treasure map was better than it is currently - some of these tasks are absurd.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stick to Pokerstars or PartyPoker there is a reason why they are considered the leaders in the market. If I am going to make an investment in time and funds I would go for those two.

I don't disagree for a second on that Joe, I guess my line of thinking is am I missing on another opportunity somewhere else, specifically thinking BCP just with the US traffic on it, but the deposit options seem bad and I don't know what the withdrawal process is like.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise 888, it's much easier and more interesting to play here!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To start, I'm looking for unbiased feedback from our forum on which of the following sites is the best to have funds on.

I spend the majority of my time playing on PokerStars with a fair bit of Party mixed in, but I'm looking for other sites that may be better for softness of games, quality of reward programs, and overall variety of play offered. Don't suggest rooms outside of this list as I have reasoning as to why they are on the list. And I'm probably looking at a deposit of around $100 USD if that helps the anaysis.

BCP - I play on BCP for the freerolls a fair bit, and have accumulated a fair amount on there, but I have not deposited here yet, and I am considering it in case I ever wanted to get my freeroll winnings off. But outside of the freerolls I'm not sure about the site, reward system, etc.

BOL - Again, I play the freeroll on here weekly and have some familiarity with the site via its partnership with SB. However would this be a good site to go for a change of scenery?

888 - I have deposited and withdrawn on here in the past, but I currently have less than $10 right now. I have considered going back here, but I am still very leery about their reward system as I think it's extremely sub-par to Stars. But if the games are the softness anywhere, is there value in putting money back to grind?

TigerGaming - I played on this site years ago and I'm surprised it's still around. I remember it being incredibly soft but have no idea what the traffic is like on it today or what the bonus system actually is.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
I prefer 888 even though some people say its not a good room;but the prizes are attractives for me.Of course I prefer PS but you listed only four options,so I prefer 888.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 888 poker it's very good and soft to play the game's cache, but it's bad in tournaments that time goes fast and the rates go up quickly and do not concentrate normally on the game, but a lot of good tournaments and freerolls in which you can win well for free and if you have a high level in the game, it is even better and more prize in tournament freerolls!

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i still am a believer that online poker cant be trusted 100%. so i would invest in live tournaments.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna try out unibet. Seems like a decent room with a ton of promos

A

Anar Veliyev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars

Hi guys i'm using pokerstars
which other room can you advice ?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Most of the time I play on the PokerStars site, but there are also a lot of interesting suggestions on the 888 website. As for the bonus system, I believe that on the site 888 is one of the best options.
Good luck.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 888 even though some people say its not a good room;but the prizes are attractives for me.Of course I prefer PS but you listed only four options,so I prefer 888.

How are the prizes attractive to you - what exactly do you mean by that?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 888 poker it's very good and soft to play the game's cache, but it's bad in tournaments that time goes fast and the rates go up quickly and do not concentrate normally on the game, but a lot of good tournaments and freerolls in which you can win well for free and if you have a high level in the game, it is even better and more prize in tournament freerolls!

In my experience the cash games are soft but that doesn't always result in profitable play - people that make mistakes can still win, but you find that anywhere.

Which freerolls are you talking about? If you mean like their current $1500 Lucky Chip - they don't play at a time I can play mostly being in canada. The times are geared to Europeans more than ever - which is a big reason I don't know if I can go back there. Nothing's set up for us.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
i still am a believer that online poker cant be trusted 100%. so i would invest in live tournaments.

Totally disagree that online poker can't be trusted, but the live action near me isn't the best. Lots of limit poker and very little NL. Decent tournaments but I don't have a bankroll big enough to play them constantly

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm gonna try out Unibet. Seems like a decent room with a ton of promos

If you do P let me know your experience. UniBet wasn't on my list but if there's a good reason to check it out I'm game.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
Most of the time I play on the PokerStars site, but there are also a lot of interesting suggestions on the 888 website. As for the bonus system, I believe that on the site 888 is one of the best options.
Good luck.

I don't think the bonus system on 888 is the best - so why do you think it is?

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How are the prizes attractive to you - what exactly do you mean by that?
15,000$ big fish 5,50 ticket pirates rewards 12,000$ tickets big fish 30,000$ 16,50 tickets etc...

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well from this list I'll definitely go with 888 poker too.
As for their rewards system, well aside from the fact that they run a new promo every other couple of month (whatever you may think of it, but in general I think it gave me more than any other room over two years), there are poker club freerolls. Most of them are on Saturdays and with 3 minutes blinds now, but once you reach 60th level and further you can play nice 8 minutes freerolls for 60, 80, 100 level last Saturday of every month (and as you mentioned you can catch the one for 60th level next Saturday if you hurry up). I don't know what other poker room offers that many freerolls as part of their rewards program.

As for BCP deposit methods, is skrill an option for you? I deposited using it, didn't played much and withdraw, very quick, didn't even have to go through verification proccess. Withdrawals from 888 poker are much, much longer of course. They give you 3 days for cancelling it and only than start to proceed it :rolleyes:

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
15,000$ big fish 5,50 ticket pirates rewards 12,000$ tickets big fish 30,000$ 16,50 tickets etc...

How many of those tickets have you won? All I have is 14 Lucky Chip $1500 tournament tickets that I typically can't use.

I get the better prizes are entry to better tournaments, but this wheel generally sucks for stuff like this no?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well from this list I'll definitely go with 888 poker too.
As for their rewards system, well aside from the fact that they run a new promo every other couple of month (whatever you may think of it, but in general I think it gave me more than any other room over two years), there are poker club freerolls. Most of them are on Saturdays and with 3 minutes blinds now, but once you reach 60th level and further you can play nice 8 minutes freerolls for 60, 80, 100 level last Saturday of every month (and as you mentioned you can catch the one for 60th level next Saturday if you hurry up). I don't know what other poker room offers that many freerolls as part of their rewards program.

As for BCP deposit methods, is Skrill an option for you? I deposited using it, didn't played much and withdraw, very quick, didn't even have to go through verification proccess. Withdrawals from 888 poker are much, much longer of course. They give you 3 days for cancelling it and only than start to proceed it :rolleyes:

I'll give you the first point - those freerolls do look better but again their times aren't great for me. Saturday afternoons I'm not typically in poker mode as those games play just after lunch for me. And the overall rewards program I just don't see value in it - I've won I think $10 from it over my career there. What really urks me is if you win a reward in the treasure chest promotion, there are cases where you need to clear that bonus to keep the money.

So I think I'm more sour on 888 than I thought - not catering to North Americans, freerolls at not ideal times and not much from their coins.

Skrill could be an option, I've never looked into it. I was hoping for a bank transfer but doesn't seem to be there in the form I want it. Curious how else people deposit there.

A

AndrewK1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer BOL, only because I can play from my phone in an easy to use format.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer BOL, only because I can play from my phone in an easy to use format.

Nowadays you can play many clients off your phone - Stars, Party, 888, BOL, etc.

But I don't play on my phone as the interface is different, multi-tabling is more difficult and you have a higher percentage of cutting out.

It's definitely not a determining factor in where my money goes.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest you Pokerstars or Partypoker. They're on the top and there are many more tournaments than on any other site. I'm playing on Pokerstars, Partypoker and 888poker, can say that 888poker tournament pools are way smaller than on Stars and PartyPoker. In the end is your choice, you should deposit on any familiar site to you :) gl.