Goal Setting for online

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys!

Been playing online poker for about 6 months now on and off. But I'm trying to fully dedicate myself to poker and really improve. I'm still stuck at .02/.05 NL.

Although I dont ask for you guys to completely tell me what my goals should be, but rather what should I aim for? What are realistic goals? I play anywhere from 2-4 hours a days and hoping to even increase that. I dont have Poker Tracker or HM. I'm trying to pay for it through Poker.

Thank you very much.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys!

Been playing online poker for about 6 months now on and off. But I'm trying to fully dedicate myself to poker and really improve. I'm still stuck at .02/.05 NL.

Although I dont ask for you guys to completely tell me what my goals should be, but rather what should I aim for? What are realistic goals? I play anywhere from 2-4 hours a days and hoping to even increase that. I dont have Poker Tracker or HM. I'm trying to pay for it through Poker.

Thank you very much.

The most realistic goal is: are you reaching your goals as things are? If one goal is entertainment, 2nd goal may be to improve your game, both overall and making successful decisions at crucial times. You may want to ask yourself, am I learning and enjoying myself at .02/.05 NL?
Time at the table in one setting is one thing, long-term experience, months, years, playing, it all adds up. If you are always attentive, learning, your game will progress over time.
One goal may be to try to diversity your poker game beyond Hold em NL. It helps to keep my mind fresh by putting one variety aside and play Omaha hi/lo ti shake things up, not stricely for money, just to keep things fresh.
One factor that few mention is that taking a clean break is part of poker also. Time off is great, not being nervous about the next hand, making the killer move, that donk who gets lucky and knocks you out, etc.

Sounds like you are a reasonable, responsible player, sticking to low stakes while learning. If you learn a lot, your experiences will tell you what to do and what not to do; you become a better player after so many wins and tough losses to keep it all in perspective.

Ricardo007

Ricardo007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend if it's really what you want to go on do not be afraid, do not listen to what you're going to say about you if your goal is this courage project that stays on paper will not go ahead if you're afraid stop now and just move on (I.e.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think anyone can tell you what your goals should be that is something you should do yourself,dont set your goal to high and when you reach it look at setting your next goal.:):):)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that goals are easy to obtain if a realistic approach and plan are in place. I'm actually setting 1 day goals for myself. I figure if I can achieve these it could benefit play in the future. Goals like not chasing a river from the flop w/only 9 outs or calling pre-flp shoves w/AQo in the sb or learning another game. Setting monetary goals, for me, will come when I get some real $. I hope this helps and gl.