Girlfriend/boyfriend attitude about you playing online poker

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody just wondering what's your girlfriends/boyfriend wife/husband attitude about online poker, are they against or they are fine with it that spending countless hours playing poker?
Or they just think it's a gambling?
My girlfriend was against it till I explained what it means to me and won't stop it...

Last edited by a moderator:
igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I try not to show anyone in my home that I play poker. Now there are a lot of like-minded people in social networks, it is very convenient. And the girl also does not need to know about it immediately, with time we can say. If you are a winning player. But if gambling and pouring money, it is better to engage with poker forever, because all the same there are people with excitement. Well, if a businessman occasionally dabbles. But if your salary is small and you already have a family, and you are a gambling person, then this is the way to the bottom.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I try not to show anyone in my home that I play poker. Now there are a lot of like-minded people in social networks, it is very convenient. And the girl also does not need to know about it immediately, with time we can say. If you are a winning player. But if gambling and pouring money, it is better to engage with poker forever, because all the same there are people with excitement. Well, if a businessman occasionally dabbles. But if your salary is small and you already have a family, and you are a gambling person, then this is the way to the bottom.
Well you have right about that everywhere are saying it's gamble and must avoid it.
My family is friends not against it just girlfriend but she don't have choose she must accept it as part from me...

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I try to hide my playing, I am not a big gambler and with really small deposits, but when I win big, I lose big and fast !
That's why I do understand their idea.
And to be honest, online poker makes me to think like it dont worth it.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is sitting behind me and saying "don't go all - in"!

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that if you play a saturday afternoon for hours, when you could be doing something fun with your girl, can be a problem. My wife understands, but i also play mostly at night, when she's almost going to bed. It needs to be square for both sides.

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody just wondering what's your girlfriends/boyfriend wife/husband attitude about online poker, are they against or they are fine with it that spending countless hours playing poker?
Or they just think it's a gambling?
My girlfriend was against it till I explained what it means to me and won't stop it...
Really good theme,my ex girlfriend was against poker because she dont undestund what is tournament poker,but after a month explining what is poker she be fine with playing poker just like you my friend,so till end everybody likes poker!!!!

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to be honest my girlfriend hates it, she complains that i'm not giving the attention that i used to give. And she is right, but i'm so focus on getting better and learning new stuffs and spending a lot of day studying or playing (i'm on vocation from University). I hope that i can manage my time better to give her attention and play/study poker. The key of life is balance.

Last edited:
HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been single for a while but my current love interest loves to play and wants me to teach her

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really good theme,my ex girlfriend was against poker because she dont undestund what is tournament poker,but after a month explining what is poker she be fine with playing poker just like you my friend,so till end everybody likes poker!!!!
Yes totally agree with you nobody understand and think it's just a gamble that's how people's who never played and and not interested in it see it

penamala

penamala

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it this way: when you play poker at least you give them a reason to start nagging, saves them the trouble of searching for one ... 😝

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am not sure who loves poker more. My husband or me. We both love it and we
both spend much time on it. We play a lot, everyone for eachself online meanwhile, and we also discuss it a lot together. Before we married, we was playing together/against each other from different countries.
And if there wasn't poker, I guess my hubby and me would never have met.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
She doesn't give a shit what I do with my time.
Well you have right about that everywhere are saying it's gamble and must avoid it.
My family is friends not against it just girlfriend but she don't have choose she must accept it as part from me...
Or she can say fck this and go and choose another guy that doesn't play poker.

:bandit:

Last edited:
david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hates the hours I put in sometimes:0) but she plays with me a lot of the time I think she gets mad cause she wants to play more hours:0)

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first few times it was difficult, a few calls for attention and even discussions, but for now the waters have calmed down. We agreed that I would limit myself to a schedule that will not affect my work and family life and at the moment I am doing well, at least in that.

Marctowin

Marctowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The unspoken commandment of poker says: kill your neighbor and go to victory. For no one should interfere with your art.

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend get super annoyed about me playing yet she will spend hours staring at her cell phone. So I guess you can always find the 'trade' that makes what you want to do acceptable to her.

KidPoker116

KidPoker116

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a wife against my online poker, since I recently played in the minus and she did not like it. What kind of plus or minus are you playing?

Last edited:
G

gameplay8608

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my game

Hi all, just wondering how you feel about online poker, you have a girl / boys, wife / husband, they hold or are not happy, they spend countless hours playing poker?
Or is it just a game of chance?
My
wife knows that I play poker for money. it is against, it takes a long time. but she did not mind that it brings money

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to know why you are doing this. It is then easier to explain to relatives and find support in them.

F

firephreak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No one in my family has ever liked the fact I play poker. My girlfriend doesn't like it but im not redepositing and I made enough to pay for a new bed and a trip to comicon for her so she can't really complain.

xaakar

xaakar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make sure everything is in order, house is clean, we spend time together, and when she goes to sleep or shes out with her friends / family, I get to play.

and honestly its just good for your state of mind while you play, knowing that everything is already been taken care of.

the important fact i think is that she sees im studying, and that i have a plan ( bankroll management etc... ) and that its not just pure gambling.

also it helps if you are winning ;) and maybe bring her to a nice restaurant once in a while or something with your poker money hehe

good luck