Freebies with rebuys

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freebies with the ability to re-buy if you go broke, what are your thoughts? The re-buy factor makes for a huge field, high 100 to K's. Rebuys slow the tourney down big time. If you re-buy, it seems like it only makes sense to re-buy early, to get a few thousand in chips, get your stake back. Later, it makes zero sense. If you re- buy and the blinds are in the thousands, you basically re-bought 2 or 3 big blinds.

Re-buy is a scam, to make money. Do they add the re-buy money into the prize pool? I highly doubt it.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude not sure what do u mean but i dont think there are many as u calld it "Freebies" with rebuys mostly they are satelites or events with micro buyins.If u got lets say 5 tickets or 5 $ as (guaranted prize) and the buy in is 0,01 ... 80 players makes it 0,80$ lets say rebuy costs you 0,50$ then if players make enough rebuys to pass guaranteed prize 5/$ then all net rebuys are converted to the pizepool "same as u enter the tournament for free, firstly after rebuys will cover the costs of guaranted prizethen they start to be part of prize.

Last edited:
Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You choose which games to play. What is the problem?

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see rebuys in a freeroll as a scam in any way. Anyone is free to rebuy or not as they please. I never rebuy because it seems -EV to me given that the rebuy price is often close to that of a min cash and you often have to outlast tons of players in order to make the money.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never buy in such tournaments. If you are not lucky to go up with starting chips - there is no point in paying more and more.

RomaS

RomaS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll, in which you have to pay money for participation - ceases to be a freeroll. I think it is a bad idea.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Changing the thread title because it is totally not a scam - the money goes into the prizepool.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At pokerstars do not work stupid people out there all Under control! And when the big bb is 1000 then what's the point of doing rebuy? you will spend more of your money than win at the finish!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nobody obligates you to make rebuys/addon. personally the only tournament where i use rebuys and add-on is Jackpot Freeroll at betfair.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I never considered re-buys in freerolls a scam either. I personally don't re-buy in freerolls but I never thought anything of people that did. I think with the way I play at the moment and my level of expertise re-buying and playing against people with big stacks isn't for me.

Once I sit and think about it I would say half the freerolls I play have re-buy features in the tournaments. It still doesn't bother me though and I still don't think it is a scam in any way. I find the long registration in some of these freerolls more annoying than having re-buys.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never buy in such tournaments.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I don't like the idea to ply free then need to rebuy to play, any poker game. just my opinion.