experiment time

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just put in $50 at poker stars.Any suggestions on how to start making it grow.I want to see how far I can get in the next month!I like playing MTT's and ring games.I also do some sng's.Need advice on strategy and money management in regards to playing levels and buy ins!!!
Thanks,
PLAYER7000

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play within your bankroll. Stick to $1 Sit-N-Go's and no more than $10 max ring games.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to find what works for you and use that. I built my bankroll at limit, but a lot of people don't like limit. When I play NL tables I usually lose, so I don't. I like to play 27 seat SnGs since they fit my style, but maybe not yours. :icon_porc

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a 18 seat sng the other day and won.But have also lost a couple.I have been playing $1 tourns. and sng's.Thought it may be a good place to start!

Mrlova

Mrlova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For ring games never invest more than 10% of your total bankroll on a table. For tourny's its even tighter, only 2% of your bankroll should be in a tourny. Even the best players only cash a small margin of the time. Don't expect to get payed every game you play. Take the loss's as they come and try to win big when the win's come your way.

The best advice I can give is don't overplay your bankroll. Stay strict to the numbers above and you should do find.

Good luck at your tables