This is a discussion on The exit poll and the trends in poker. within the online poker forums, in the Online Poker section; Reflections from the fish tank (Chapter 7).
The exit poll and the trends in poker.
The other day I was thinking about the famous volume and
The other day I was thinking about the famous volume and long term of poker and an idea came to my head that probably has nothing to do with this game but I think it deserves the benefit of the doubt.
The idea that came to my mind is the "exit poll", also called an "Israeli poll", in which, trying to get a preview of what the elections will be (we are talking about politics obviously) when the count is finished total votes.
What had occurred to me is if this exit poll could be likened to a poker player who wins, say, sit and go, who plays a hundred thousand of these tournaments.
Would a sample of 1000 sits of this player be representative to know if he is a winner, or do we necessarily have to own all the tournaments played?
I know this comparison sounds crazy but I would love if someone could explain to me if there are trends in poker.
I hope the idea is understood.
There are indeed trends. It:
1. discipline during the game in any situation;
2. variance is an integral part of the game;
3. there are always those who came for fun;
4. making positive decisions at a distance will lead to success;
5. constant analysis of your play in specialized programs and the play of opponents helps in developing your own skills and becoming a professional.