cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol sure seems like it sometimes.. usually at the worst time short stacked looking for a double pick up aces in the bb and everyone folds tilting [emoji23]

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when Ihave AA Ionly call the big blind or call a race after flop I raise pot or go all in ,because I only want to play only against one Player ,so you cn win more

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when Ihave AA Ionly call the big blind or call a race after flop I raise pot or go all in ,because I only want to play only against one Player ,so you cn win more

interesting approach

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol sure seems like it sometimes.. usually at the worst time short stacked looking for a double pick up aces in the bb and everyone folds tilting [emoji23]

it doesnt just "seem like it" ....it happens often to me

especially in cash games and especially when i am raising from early position

baldy has AA utg . raise 3bb

fold
fold
fold
fold
fold
fold
fold

wat

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation also happens a lot of times with me, it’s so frustrating..lol

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The surrounding players feel that you have good cards. For example, make 3 bets from a UTG position with suited connectors and when everyone folds, then show your cards. You will be called more often after this audacious act. Getting the blinds is not the worst thing. That's when the opponent gets an unreadable set on the flop, it's already trouble and ruin for AA.

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, if you don't raise you're allowing people to see the flop, and your chances of winning decreases.

It might be how you appear to the table. If you appear strong and aggressive and throw a raise in, people will be more aware of you.

Also depends on position - raise when you're UTG and that shouts out, "I have a strong hand"

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like they know. Then next hand you get JTs or something else that is a drawing hand and they're 3-, 4- and 5-betting.

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like they know. Then next hand you get JTs or something else that is a drawing hand and they're 3-, 4- and 5-betting.

Are these new people you've never met before?
Or have you played with them before?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do know what you say..it feels so frustrating when you have AA and everyone fold

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
frustrating, but a win is a win. Im sure you've seen AAs busted and your thinking goes 180 (why didn't they fold?)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I hate when that happens its as almost if they know what I have.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you are playing too tight? If you wake up with a hand and everyone else folds, the question must be asked...
it doesnt just "seem like it" ....it happens often to me

especially in cash games and especially when i am raising from early position

baldy has AA utg . raise 3bb

fold
fold
fold
fold
fold
fold
fold

wat

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I try to take a negative and make it a positive.

Maybe if someone played my AA's would have gotten cracked. Any chips won is a good pot even if it is just the blinds and antes.

Hootz

Hootz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This has happened to me a bunch too. So how aggressive I start out playing with pocket A's all depends on my table position. If I'm 1st up to bet then I might play slow, see if anyone else is attempting to claim their hand as worth a preflop bet. But if I'm in one of the blind positions, or my turns at least just further around the table, then I guess I'd prob make a decent preflop bet. I find people fold less often as long as I'm not the 1st or 2nd turn in line. But there's been so many times (just earlier today!) when I'm big blind with pocket A's and everyone folds so all I get to win is the money small blind folded. .. but like some people mentioned, a win is a win, even if it's disappointing to get potentially really great cards just to get to throw em away lol. (This happens the same with pocket K's just as much to me). And to be honest I usually end up with bad luck and lose when playing so aggressive with pocket A's, if 1 person calls me, its often still their cards that'll hit something more than just the 1 pair I've now ended up with lol. So sometimes maybe its just better to make everyone fold lol :egg: :bootyshak :dontknow: Of course tho it all just depends on the current state of the table I'm at!

Folding in Poker