Early knockouts with premium hands

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I leave with AA I start the tournament because then the cards stop coming.
what brings you bad luck in an online poker game.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
This can happen at any time, your tourney can even end in the first round. It's infuriating when you prepare well for the tournament and immediately get eliminated with a premium card.
But which is better: to be eliminated after the first hand with your premium hands or to be eliminated after several hours of play just before ITM?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Like every player, I have good and bad days. I am not superstitious and do not believe in omens. I just play and try to be a skilled player. Probably the only thing that brings me failure is my bad mood or lack of proper patience.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you're just memorizing moments with premium hands when you're out of luck. But if you collect more detailed statistics, you will see that premium hands win much more often than they lose.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not bad luck, that's poker and sometimes it's in favor and sometimes it's against it, but it's part of poker. The important thing is that those situations that happen to you don't change your game in a bad way.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can happen at any time, your tourney can even end in the first round. It's infuriating when you prepare well for the tournament and immediately get eliminated with a premium card.
But which is better: to be eliminated after the first hand with your premium hands or to be eliminated after several hours of play just before ITM?
then it is difficult to answer, at the beginning of the tournament, it saves time, close to the prize pool, the pleasure of having arrived close to the prize pool,

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like every player, I have good and bad days. I am not superstitious and do not believe in omens. I just play and try to be a skilled player. Probably the only thing that brings me failure is my bad mood or lack of proper patience.
that's true the lack of patience is cruel, I think that's what affects a player the most

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you're just memorizing moments with premium hands when you're out of luck. But if you collect more detailed statistics, you will see that premium hands win much more often than they lose.
Makes no difference when you are knocked out...that *hand history* in of itself is false security.

Sure over 100,000- 1,000 000 hands your percentages may work out as they should...but how many AA,KK get folded round to you for a pittance?
Measured against how much you've lost in big pots, busted by a maniac calling with 8-4s?

People moaning have a legitimate complaint when getting beat by a clown calling with crap.

I once lost a live tourney and when I asked my opponent why he called my shove with 10,4off ..he replied "I knew you had a monster hand, but just fancied my own cos I hadn't seen a ten in a while"

Obviously he was the smaller man, or when I got up to leave I wouldn't have called him a F... Idiot! :)

I was barred out that day, but they demolished the pub a few years later, so sod them

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I don't believe in luck. Poker is just a math. Even if other player has one out he can win and there is nothing strange or magical in this. I think so.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello. I don't believe in luck. Poker is just a math. Even if other player has one out he can win and there is nothing strange or magical in this. I think so.
Well, there can be no doubt that understanding the math allows you to play poker optimally (favourable odds) but it ends there.

Patrik Antonius lost his bankroll of £500k over a few sessions. You can be sure he didn't get the math wrong. On the turns that gave him a 85% probability of the win, he was getting it in good but by the river he had lost almost every hand. I think he was quoted as saying over 5 hours play he had only won 3 hands.

Good things happen to you by chance and not as a result of your own efforts, abilities or understanding of the math, doesn't matter if you're Patrik Antonius nor whether you believe in it or not, in games of chance.... luck exists !

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, as everyone I am upset if I am very early out of a MTT with a premium hand. But I prefer this situation than being the bubble woman after playing 4 hours.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it takes good mental control, but in general, you win

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Jogo 4! Don't important what hand do You have: premium or not... Because, eventually, the certain combination cards wins!
And about this necessary to remember always!

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Being the bubble kamikaze hurts much more tho.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It usually happens and it is only variance, it is impossible to escape from that. I also prefer that it happens against decent hands and not against J3o

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It happens so often, u can do nothing against it it's poker xd

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
losing with AA is always unpleasant, and especially if you lose to weak cards, you can start the tournament right away because it's almost impossible to play bad with AA

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands