Double or nothing SNG strategies

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi players, what’s people’s thoughts on double your money SNG regarding bankrolll building, should you use these to boost your bankroll or aren’t they profitable enough for doing this

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's an interesting article on this topic:(removed links)

Last edited by a moderator:
demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's an interesting article on this topic: Removed external Links.

Thanks for that. I did take a look and will read more on the subject shortly.
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any room that has this sng format yet ?? I already played at pokerstars but that was a long time ago.
They say that Pokerstars wiped them out because there was too much collusion.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its a very specialized format, and that regular 9-man SnGs are better for practice. I also think, the rake can be difficult to overcome, because each event last a relatively short time. To be fair though most poker sites do rake them lower than regular 9 mans.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that format is available on Party.
I used to play a lot on Stars like 10 years ago or so . but at that time were very profitable for bankroll building

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the strategy of gradually building up the stack rather than taking a sudden all-in with a dubious card. Of course, I'll go all in with a monster, but with a dubious one, no. I believe that the strategy described by you gives a result in about 50% of cases, and in the SNG the prize zone is often 1/3, or even less, and it seems to me that this strategy will not be profitable.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any room that has this sng format yet ?? I already played at Pokerstars but that was a long time ago.
They say that Pokerstars wiped them out because there was too much collusion.
This format is available on Party as well as TigerGaming and PokerMatch

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use this strategy in the hyper game mode. There you need to build up your stack very quickly and there is no time to give because of the fast increase in the blinds. There, yes, but in other types of the game I do not adhere to this strategy and I consider it unprofitable.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Double or nothing, 888poker

Good afternoon everyone, in my opinion the best strategy in this style of play is to play only premium hands, and use the nash table when I'm short of chips, at 888poker, there are these games and at the beginning, I was winning everything and then I started loses it straight I stopped playing. I played some expensive ones and it is quite exciting.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Double or nothing is kinda boring, half the players win. It can be profitable over time. Play a less risky game.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this strategy would be very difficult to be profitable.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble (late stage)
This stage is characterized by its own strategy. The differences from the previous stages are obvious here. There is a peculiarity in the number of players. At the moment, there are exactly 1 more of them than prize places.
In our example, only 6 poker players reach this stage. One rash action threatens to be annihilated, which will be the most offensive defeat in the entire tournament. In a SnG, players steal the blinds at this stage.
It is important to re-raise and raise to put a lot of pressure on your opponents. This should be clear to everyone, for this you need pocket pairs or connectors of the same suit.
If a player has a short stack, then every effort should be made to double it. In the late stage, the size of your opponents' stacks should not be overlooked.