Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do judge who I play against because of the Avatars and also the handle they choose to play with. When you come across someone with the handle `eatuup1by1` with a picture of shark it does provide a bit of a profile.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the way you stack your chips says something about you. Of course it is an indicator, still a guess or even a deceiving plan. But combine all the pieces of puzzle together and you have a bigger image.

I choose cash tables just from avatars. You dont know how many times I won a hero call just because avatar and bets screamed I am playing against an underage kid.

Someone having an avatar of a little cute puppy? Hello soft guy and nice to meet you. Someone have a hero from some console game? I expect them to be under 30 years old. Someone have an avatar with their kids? Hello family guy. I expect you to dont be a donkey and know what im saying with my bets.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually saw a video where some people based some assumptions on username. But I find that to be a flawed practice because most sites only allow one username per person.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avatar and name give a small insight on personality. As far as how your opponents see it, its all psychological. It may or may not impact how they judge your gameplay or skill. :icon_rr:

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, there is no difference with which players I will need to play or the avatars they have, for me it's important to focus on the game and try to win chips or money from them!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD statistics (of course if i have played enough hands with the person) are much more important to me than username, avatar or nationality.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think You are absolutely right...
You must judge each player seperately...
Probably even when playing against twins...

On the other hand I have never seen a player
using the shark avatar who was not a complete donk :)