Does online poker have a future?

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually totally looser ! Dont think that earn money is even possible !

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me looks like top cash poker players are so smart and hard working that they would make 5-20x more money if they start small business.

Gigiobari

Gigiobari

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me looks like top cash poker players are so smart and hard working that they would make 5-20x more money if they start small business.

Nowadays is exactly like that, poker is now an old and boring game. Need something new, closer to the e-sports world! Like this:

:fight:

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there is a will there is a way. Right?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously the time, where people were just giving their money away in online poker, is long gone, and high stakes cash games are pretty much dead. At pokerstars they offer tables with blinds of up to 200/400$, but often nobody is paying higher than 5/10$. SnGs offer even less upside potential, because the games are in fact robotic and have largely been solved. This makes it next to impossible for good players to still find edges against each other, so naturally action will tend to die out at lower and lower limits over time.

But that being said I dont agree, online poker will be killed off by bots. People have been talking about this for years already, and the reason, it has not happened, is not because the bots are not good enough. Its because of the measures taken against them by site security teams. Maybe I am naïve, but it is my firm belief based on HUD-data and manual observations, that both 888 and Stars are today practically 100% free from bots. And if they can do it, so can other sites.

Sure bots exist, and some of them are probably pretty good. But bots are also a bit of an excuse for people looking for an external reason for, why they lose. For instance you see people complaining, that their opponent went all in with 72 on the flop and cracked their aces. As if a bot know, what cards are coming, or would ever make such a bad play.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I got the lottery I'm buying PokerStars and full-tilt, I'll make sure there legal and back in business for all US players!!

J

Joaocarrusca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe its much easier bein lucrative playing online than onlive, mainly the fact that u can play in many tables at the same time, when u loose u can start over

But the game onlive when you lose there is often no longer other games on the local, bringing the day to a negative balance.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will always have some sort of future online. It would be great to see people
continue to have home games, and for more card rooms with poker opening up
everywhere as well.