Does choosing the right table guarantee you success?

W

whitty1973

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When entering a regular cash table, we should consider which tables to choose. Since you can't play many simultaneous tables as if it were ante, but what factors will we take into account. Everything indicates that this is not important, but depending on whether you are recreational or professional, everything indicates if you want to have a good time, it doesn't matter these data, but if your goal is to win money, I think that the time to choose tables is mainly based on the number of hands played per hour. What do you think there are other factors I would like a comment

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if I want to win money I look for the party table, loud, boisterous, with the booze , flowing. I have won the most money by changing to those tables.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When entering a regular cash table, we should consider which tables to choose. Since you can't play many simultaneous tables as if it were ante, but what factors will we take into account. Everything indicates that this is not important, but depending on whether you are recreational or professional, everything indicates if you want to have a good time, it doesn't matter these data, but if your goal is to win money, I think that the time to choose tables is mainly based on the number of hands played per hour. What do you think there are other factors I would like a comment
I avoid tables that are composed entirley of regulars.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think that it can already have an advantage. This is due to the fact that "sharks", i.e. good players also have knowledge of the game and minimize their loss. So they usually play only very good hands. This reduces your own chance and you even make losses in the long term, if you can not get an advantage on the psychological level. Therefore, it is probably recommended to sit with casual players for a high profit and avoid good players. Unless you are looking for a challenge and have a talent for poker.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
big pots, high vpip, least amount of regulars, certain days are better than others, time of the day is also important (online tables)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should treat the game as just a hobby and entertainment after you start making money on it without straining just let go of what you need money and win more money it will be easier for you to win believe me

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just choose which tables I need in the filter, and then I sit down at an empty seat at any table.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to cash games, although I don't usually play, I think the poor knowledge of the opponents is more important than the number of hands/hour. I think there are such table selection softwares that can be used to select the weaker tables, because there is a good chance of making a bigger profit with even fewer hands than if you sit at a table with more hands but stronger players.
Good luck.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
When it comes to choosing a table, I'd firstly look at who is playing. Is the table full of fish (a green sign to join) or are there several sharks or other good players (a table to avoid!)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I currently only play Zoom when playing cash. Unfortunately, there is only either Holdem or Omaha and I like to play other variants at the cash tables, but unfortunately they often empty very quickly and if you haven't played the minimum number of hands, you are not allowed to return to the table. In zoom, it hasn't happened to me yet that there were no more people at the table to play with.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is really important at cash games. If you do not like the table you should change. Sometimes there are certain parties at table with a shared bankroll. So seem to play 3vs1 or 2vs1 against a single player.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually look at the table and think, that seat that is empty there is mine, without any kind of strategy regarding the place at the table

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think table/game selection is the most important factor for your win rate. Most players do not put any effort into it, but you can see pros who just wait for fish to join a table before they join. This is why good notes and color coding players is so important. Another thing you can do is use some sort of "fish finder" software to locate the fish. If you dont want to pay for "fish finder" software you can use your buddy list and add the best and the worst players, then avoid the best and play with the worst.

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When choosing a table, I play at the same table as the players I played before

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nothing is guarantee you success in poker. This is all about random luck!

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, but it makes the game easier against some types of players

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table selection has a lot to do with playing cash games.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't play many tables in cash games But when I played I noticed that certain times were more favorable for more recreational players like the night shift in brazil but today I select some times to play Sit and Go and I see that it's easier to play with players afternoon shift than night shift players

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the choice of the table is of course of great importance, if I get into the wrong position to the largest stack, that is, I was put to the right of a player with a huge stack, then I try not to play on this table, because either this is a strong player or an aggressive one, it may take several inputs to split it, he will put huge bets, which most often happens

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why don't you try sitting at a table with 8 pros and then sitting at a table with 8 fish and see for yourself.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The first thing to understand is that all of these factors are interrelated in terms of your poker success. In other words, working hard on one criterion may not bring you results if your progress is limited by another factor. Identify the factor that limits your growth.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NO, but it does limit loses. Pick a table where you do not feel like the fish helps a lot. For me I am the fish at all tables so I jump right in the deep end.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes & No. I think at the micro stakes it does not really matter, depending of course which sites you play at. But the traffic tends to be larger than mid/higher stakes, people come and go so quickly, it can be hard to get a proper gage on how the table is playing. In the mid/higher stakes, you will probably come across more regular players, that you will see more often, which you will have notes on. It is always good to sit and watch the table for a while before you start players, gather notes, information.

P

pokergent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IL
Chips
I believe so.
Id rather pay rake and get a fishy field and degen players who don't know wht they are doing, instead of playing with regs.
The newer a platform is, the more noobs are coming in with promises of 'getting rich', and US poker players can profit.
Tables on WPN or pokerstars do not come close to these.

Last edited by a moderator:
willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, in my personal home, for my best, I play at tables of 6 or 9 at other types of tables. Generally, I do not play as well.;);)