Does anyone use poker tracking tools?

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you use any additional tools when playing online poker? I remember a few years ago the poker tracker was popular. However, I think that these programs are overrated and even Fedor Holz just marks the opponents with colors and notes. :confused:

M

mssmotilda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see a lot of pros refusing to use statistics collection programs and some poker rooms have already banned their use, and I think that this is right and fair.

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many players use but for me is not good . if you play right you dont need statistic .

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally, it would no longer be a game I enjoy if I had to calculate every move and rely everytime on some third party tools.

Poker is complex enough as it is, and if I were to "scan" every player and call up statistics before making any move, the game would be far too stagnant in my eyes and would end up being more like mathematics than a social game.

Again, people who don't do it as a hobby, but earn their money with it, surely see it differently and are glad that there are such possibilities.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only heard about them. I personally have never used one, and never will.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never use that programs and I hope all sites to ban them.
I love the fair play poker games

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I was once tempted to buy something like this, but that was years ago and I didn't know much about poker. You only saw these videos of professionals sitting in online poker with 20 tables and using these trackers. Those were different times than today.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I use poker tracker 4, but I don't give too much attention to the HUD while I'm playing. I use mainly the statistic tools to analyze my play and errors and to improve my skills. In summary, I don't want to miss this kind of tracking tool.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use PT4 to track my play for review later on. Its really useful and helpful in reviewing my game. I dont use the HUD as its really not that useful. Unless you have thousands of hand on a player many stats are not reliable, Also if you really want to be a good player its about paying attention to the game.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do use tracker its a great tool to analyze my own game, as already mentioned before the most important thing is to pay a lot of attention while playing but when you get to the level when you play 8 tables or more at same time its really hard to do that. Most of the time i dont use huds but sometimes i take a look .. maybe you are facing a real loose player who bets a lot on flop but never bets turn so you should call or 3bet more and maybe you are facing a real nit player who doesnt bluff so you shouldnt call.

C

cowandham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use drivehud2 and yes i believe that tracking software is a must have.whether or not you chose to use the Hud it's more valuable as a tool to track your results than it is to exploit other players. just remember the hud reflects the villains general tendencies against the overall player pool and can be misleading. if he adjust to your play and you dont your going to get exploited. you cant rely entirely on hud stats to exploit your opponent reality is they will eventualy adjust and you do not you are just opening yourself up to be exploited by the villain.
just my 2 cents

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use software only that is allowed by the poker room to collect statistics on players. I also watch my game. I always make notes on the players with color or write a note. In the PT4 program, in my opinion, notes are automatically compiled for the player, but maybe I'm wrong.

M

Mark5544

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same question

I've just asked the same thing,

During live play I accumulate trends of weak players who don't change up their play and I can exploit, but I don't seem able to do this online.

So I was just wondering the same thing to see if anybody had any experience using any tools.

Some useful answers in your thread.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally use Xeester but I am not focused on it while I am playing. It's a tool I can use to analyse my game and my statistics.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find my HEM3 to be very helpful along with color coding and taking notes.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
herramientas para el poker

hello. many players use them for what some say they are good but they do not define the plays they are only to guide how the rivals play. I don't use them for now and it's not so bad for me.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I use no tracking tools.
I only label and make notes at the players i play against on pokerstars.

ceegee87

ceegee87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Poker Tracker 4 to keep track of my results. It's great to have a database that you can refer to when looking to improve your game and understand whether or not you're winning.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use and recommend Hand2Note. There is a free version, and a lot of tools to improve and analyze your game.

If your not using this useful tool, u're behing everyone who is making use of them.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is how Lex Veldhuis uses color coding

Attachments

• Lex.JPG
    Lex.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 15
kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do n't use it

I do n't use it
anymore I think a tool that I would really like to acquire would be one to analyze

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't use assistive software because I don't want to play like a robot looking at tables with numbers. I have a conservative approach to poker and my game is based on observing and reading my opponents and exploiting their weaknesses. However, sometimes I will color code whether it is a regular or a recreational player.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never used any additional tools and programs while playing poker. They make life easier for players. But you need to be honest with yourself and apply your knowledge.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also mark players with colored ties. It seems to me the best way than to use all sorts of programs. I have never used any other poker software. From the very beginning of my poker career, I have been gaining experience and building on it. If you use programs all the time, then you will get used to it and will not think for yourself.

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using HUD during gameplay is important. However, it is necessary to make volume, play a lot so that the tracker is fed with hands so that it can be used properly. I've been using Pokertracker when playing poker, but its usefulness still doesn't show a differential because there are still few hands played. The sample of hands I have is still small and does not allow for a robust analysis.