Does anyone have knowledge of how the cards are chosen?

B

Brewhaus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:jd4::jd4:Obviously sites use an algorithm to generate random numbers. My question is if they randomly shuffle a deck of cards and then deal off the deck for the hand or do they chose a random card every time a card needs to be dealt? I assumed it was the second but the first way would be closer to how a live hand is played. I'm sure different sites do it differently but am just curious if anyone knows for sure the way it is implemented anywhere.
:jd4::jd4:

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a very interesting topic but if I'm not mistaken sites have this algorithm private I mean not available for public we assume it is random but honestly i feel that it also depends some time on the tourney stage and how long a tourney should last cause sometiems I just get the feelings that the software eliminates people on the bubble like cracking Aces or running Aces over Kings not sure if it is just on my mind but I don't take those risks sometimes hehehe

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on if you have anyone on the inside on how the cards play out to be honest. Some things just never make sense.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a very interesting topic but if I'm not mistaken sites have this algorithm private I mean not available for public we assume it is random but honestly i feel that it also depends some time on the tourney stage and how long a tourney should last cause sometiems I just get the feelings that the software eliminates people on the bubble like cracking Aces or running Aces over Kings not sure if it is just on my mind but I don't take those risks sometimes hehehe
I am totally agree.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Revolting

Well, everyone, I already sent some messages on this topic, I play poker every day, for an average of 10 hours and I realize that the results of the hands are not by lot but by software programming, almost every time I go All in against a villain who has more chips than me and I lose to hands that have a 30% chance on the pre flop, villain flushes with a card, hero AcAd vs As9h, All in with 8bb of MP1 villain call from SB and Js 4s 3s flop, turn 4h and river 8s, in that hand saw had a 6% chance of winning pre flop, the problem that every time the villain with more chips and with very weak hands, wins.
Notice that when you are short of chips and go all in and call the villain with the most chips almost always, he wins with trips, Full, flush or straight.
Compare 100 hands of a live Mtt, with 100 hands of an online Mtt, in the last you will notice that every time someone makes Full, Quadra, flush.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
H

hawkman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To make it really believably fair, i think they should have an extra "non hand playing" player at the table, who is dealt the flop/turn/river cards automatically at the start
JUST AINT GONNA HAPPEN, but it sure would improve thier reputation

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, everyone, I already sent some messages on this topic, I play poker every day, for an average of 10 hours and I realize that the results of the hands are not by lot but by software programming, almost every time I go All in against a villain who has more chips than me and I lose to hands that have a 30% chance on the pre flop, villain flushes with a card, hero AcAd vs As9h, All in with 8bb of MP1 villain call from SB and Js 4s 3s flop, turn 4h and river 8s, in that hand saw had a 6% chance of winning pre flop, the problem that every time the villain with more chips and with very weak hands, wins.
Notice that when you are short of chips and go all in and call the villain with the most chips almost always, he wins with trips, Full, flush or straight.
Compare 100 hands of a live Mtt, with 100 hands of an online Mtt, in the last you will notice that every time someone makes Full, Quadra, flush.

True. You just have to play in different sites to see that the cards are dealt in variable ways.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you read the fine print on a poker site, you will learn how the deck is shuffled and dealt. An RNG, seeded with outside inputs, is as close to random as you can get.
At pokerstars, the deck is shuffled and set for the hand. There is no shuffling done before the flop, turn, or river.
Also, there is NO burn card, because there is no need for the dealer to hide a marked card from the players. Burn or no burn, the next card in the deck has been randomly selected and could be the one outer the villain needs to crack your aces.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure that it's all designed to piss me off.