Does anyone bother you during the game?

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play freerolls or tournaments with micro-payouts. Somehow I decided to play in a major tournament, but as soon as the tournament started, everyone immediately needed me. I was constantly distracted by my family and in the end I didn't win anything.
The enthusiasm has not faded and the desire to play big has remained. But every time I see an interesting tournament for myself, I worry that everyone will get in the way again and I will fail.
Tell me, does anyone prevent you from playing and how do you deal with it?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
The only one who would possibly do that is my cat but luckily/sadly she is :sleep: most of the day so ...

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's important to play with as little distractions as possible. Of course this isn't always possible given different peoples living situations but poker is a game that requires an immense amount of focus and when yours is pulled in a different direction opponents can capitalize on that and make this difficult game even harder.

If you're in a position to you have to treat poker like a business and not a hobby. The sum of your decisions made at the poker table will determine how much money you can draw from the game, and having limited focus will hurt that

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Once in a while I have to help my wife bring in some groceries or something like that.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the start of the game, I warn everyone that I will be busy for a certain time. I also turn off the phone.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no most of the time not

but if it happens often to you maybe you should schedule your day better and also make clear to your loved ones that you will be unavailable for stuff for a couple of hours etc

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's important to play with as little distractions as possible. Of course this isn't always possible given different peoples living situations but poker is a game that requires an immense amount of focus and when yours is pulled in a different direction opponents can capitalize on that and make this difficult game even harder.

If you're in a position to you have to treat poker like a business and not a hobby. The sum of your decisions made at the poker table will determine how much money you can draw from the game, and having limited focus will hurt that
Yes, I agree with you. Nothing should interfere during the game. We need maximum concentration. Any distractions can affect the quality of the game.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a sane mind then my priority is to my family. What I mean by "sane" mind is I'm not really irritated or seeing red then I'll stop and help, mutter something and go back to doing whatever stupid thing I was doing.

Most distractions can be avoided by planning. Like playing when folks aren't around or when you know they're doing stuff. There is a break in those tourns so folks can do stuff then as well. But if you're in a freeroll or some micro tourn then you should at least sit out a hand and go help out. Freerolls are all the time and if you're practicing sound bankroll management then one loss shouldn't crater your profit graph.

I've had multiple situations while playing live that some folks are chatting a lot at a table and it can be annoying as anything. Like I'll be in the 3 seat at the table and the 2 seat is having long, multiple conversations with the person in the 4 seat driving me crazy even when I'm in hands. But my point is when it comes to distractions, they're going to come but planning and prioritizing helps. If you're really into a tourn like playing a $200+ online tourn and don't want to be bothered then you should communicate it to your family before hand and again plan so THEY have outs if they depend on you.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What would this not happen to you in the future you should warn your home what you will play and you can not distract.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the schedules cross me and it is very uncomfortable more when I am in full session

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh Yes! These two little demons bother me a lot while I'm playing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 271661437_1364380304015260_6313222925280031153_n.jpg
    271661437_1364380304015260_6313222925280031153_n.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 23
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The interruptions seem to be down since covid, but I still get called away from the tables sometimes.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play at night so that no one interferes. I manage to combine this with a night shift at work. If there is an opportunity not to work or to pretend that I am working, then I play from a tablet and home do not interfere.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Yes, the family, including children or guests and their children and their requirements as well

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, my friends bother me when i try to play long tournaments.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to keep an even keel and not let opponents get under your skin.

Top 10 Games