Do you use a 4 color Deck playing Online?

Do you use a 4 color deck playing online?

• Yes-Absolutely every site I play

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Sometimes-I try it once in a while

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • No- Too funky, I am a traditionalist

Votes: 61 30.7%
  • What- Whats a 4 Color Deck

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good poll question and I am not surprized with the results. I use them all the time. The visual effect I enjoy much better than the traditional look. Just a personal preference.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do because when multi-tabling on FT the suits are hard to tell apart when the cards are a lot smaller

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it once when I was playing a lot of tables and couldn't get used to it.

There is a point to doing it, it makes flushes more noticeable when you are playing a lot of tables at once.
Same here, couldn't get used to it.
I like the traditional way. I just like seeing the a real cards opposed to the multicolored ones.
Exactly.
I tried it on pokerstars a couple a times but the 4 colours annoyed me too much, so i stick to standard card deck.
Yes, I also found it annoying.
No, I never have.

The sites made that option for people w/ bad eyes that can't see very well & for girls who like pretty colors IMO...
I have good eyes. I'm a female, I like pretty colors, but don't think the multi-color decks are pretty.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellll Nooooo

It drives me up the wall.... I'm a total tradationalist... Just way to funky having blue cards and stuff...

My two cents,
Moe:cool:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although "cake" and "bastard" are missing......

I use 4 coloured decks all the time because I'm multitabling up to 4 sites (not only games but entire sites) and need the info as fast as possible.

It annoyed me when I started using them but I got used to it quickly.

Oskool

Oskool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I tried again...

After reading this post I decided to try the 4 color deck again. I just can't get used to it, back to the black and red for me.

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always do because if im tired or something i get mixed up with suites alot!
especially if the playing table is minimized small..
it helps alot :p

sld2

sld2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In theory it would help especially when multi-tabling, but I can never get used to it.

T

turby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do coz I multitable and I tile my tables so I can gauge how much more to bet to protect my hand quicker if there's a flush draw...

Also I play Badugi.. so makes it easier..!

I won't be able to live w/o a 4 colour deck! It's the first option I change when I start any new site!!

NicolasWSOP

NicolasWSOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've never tried it, and i don't think that i will.

I just think it looks really weird, lol.

P

Peterr211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it a couple times, but figured I should continue training my eye to see the flushes that show up on a real table, just like I have to work on remembering my suits without double checking my cards . . . online makes it easy to just rely on what you see, not bothering to remember . . .

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, my eyes aren't that good.

Two-colored cards never made any sense. It's just that 200 years ago it was a lot cheaper to print two colors. Now that's not an issue.

Sooner or later, 4-colored will be the standard for live games as well. Better for TV, like the yellow tennis ball. It's just a matter of time.

Hambone8705

Hambone8705

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO!!!! I hate these decks there stooooooopid!!! Just look too funky and I don't like them

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps especilly when playing multiple tables.

B

Ballersonly23

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've used it once...confuses me so I just do it regular.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, my eyes aren't that good.

Two-colored cards never made any sense. It's just that 200 years ago it was a lot cheaper to print two colors. Now that's not an issue.

Sooner or later, 4-colored will be the standard for live games as well. Better for TV, like the yellow tennis ball. It's just a matter of time.

With almost 2/3 of the votes weighing in at 4-color, gotta agree - just a matter of time. Although in live games, you are really playing just 1 table at a time. Physical (vs cyber) deck may not change as quickly because of that. But still, even playing at a single table, there is no down-side to a 4-color deck. If everyone starting out that way from the time they played their 1st card game, there would be no 'getting used to' factor.

One last thing I didn't see mentioned.... I play a lot of Omaha, so you are not only looking at 4 cards, but the spade & club might be 3 cards away from each other. And if you are multi-tabling, I don't need to tell you how your chances for misreading are greatly increasing compared to HE. I don't play a lot of stud, but it could be even trickier there with 7 red cards in your hand.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pretty essential for mtbling and overall im so used to 4 colors now i would lose my mind if i had to switch back.

D

DNLK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4 color deck for every table online...always. I even have 2 sets of Copag 4 color plastic cards for home games.

Agile Beauce

Agile Beauce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, after answering the survey (No- Too funky, I am a traditionalist), and reading all the posts, I started giving it more thought. I think I accidentally selected 4 color one time and thought it was very strange and changed it right back. But, my eyes are getting older and I have trouble sometimes telling the clubs from the spades. I'm sure it annoys some of the people I play with because I'm not the fastest player around. I have to look hard sometimes to see what suit the cards are.

So, tonight I tried the 4 color deck. It is a bit strange, but I'm going to try it for awhile to see if I can get use to it. I think it will really help in telling the suits apart.

Thanks! I don't think I would have ever tried it had it not been for this survey.

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, after answering the survey (No- Too funky, I am a traditionalist), and reading all the posts, I started giving it more thought. I think I accidentally selected 4 color one time and thought it was very strange and changed it right back. But, my eyes are getting older and I have trouble sometimes telling the clubs from the spades. I'm sure it annoys some of the people I play with because I'm not the fastest player around. I have to look hard sometimes to see what suit the cards are.

So, tonight I tried the 4 color deck. It is a bit strange, but I'm going to try it for awhile to see if I can get use to it. I think it will really help in telling the suits apart.

Thanks! I don't think I would have ever tried it had it not been for this survey.

SAME HERE so far its ok takes some getting use to

K

kbasch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a fan of the 4 color deck. looks too funky for me. i does help some people im sure but thats more of a preference thing

Surf Rat

Surf Rat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I only use 'em when multi-multi-tableing and tables are all downsized...otherwise its black 'n red for me :D

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, I tried it and found it annoying. I don't think I need it as I have not had a problem with misidentifying my cards so far.