Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I do notes on opponents. Notes are usually associated with preflop play. Sometimes I write a note after the end of the hand when I saw the opponent's cards.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes diligently . I refer to them often . I also color code a player accordingly for quick reference. Obv some players have more notes than others but I have been able to make some key calls or folds because of my note taking.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course, and in some situations it helps a lot.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it makes no sense for an amateur player to make notes, because I can make a deposit once a week and play cash, and next week play sit-go, in addition, the same player can play aggressively and bluff today, not tomorrow, well, the probability of meeting a player for whom a record is made is very small, do not bother with unnecessary actions

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i believe its very important to take notes, seen already many different ways like if they are fish or regulars, style of play loose agressive or loose passive, by mistakes they made, roi .. choose what suits you best. but be careful, dont judge a book by its cover , sometimes a player raises your big blinds like three times in a row but theres a possibility that he had the cards.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, notes can be highly usefull) Moreover, they do not have an expiration date, and there are thousands of players online, you won’t remember everyone) So notes are more than worth to take'em)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not used to scoring opponents, I'm still trying to pay attention to these details on the online. In live I think it's possible to make more markings and study the opponents more.

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure all day everyday. Especially since i play on a regulated site and cannot use a HUD.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes! On sites like pokerstars with so many players it is the best way to know for the future how other players play the game and take advantage of from it!!!

LordSutch69

LordSutch69

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Especially while playing on ACR. Ever notice on ACR every table you sit at there's always at least 1 or 2 bullies that wins every single hand they clown with? Fixed poker and you have to keep up with it so you don't fall into it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my online notes start when I enter the bubble, in person I usually attend some tables of novices and also of regulars, I check the behaviors, looks, nervous tikes and expressions

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use some notes on different formats where sites alows

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if i take notes, and sorted them by color, red for aggressive, green for loose, blue for tigt, purple for someone who is playing polarized, and gray for someone i consider fish, and so with the other classifications

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello😉 Yes, of course, taking notes is the most important help in online poker, which helps to make a psychological portrait of the opponent😉 In a live game, you have to remember everything, but here you can make a note, it's very convenient😉

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am only making notes when i am playing spin and go and meet same players day by day.
It helps me to read them in the future and making less mistakes and be more/less risky.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes on players. Calling stations are wankers etc etc

Alex Okhr

Alex Okhr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you take notes on other players? And if so, do you organize them? Do you write in shorthand? Do you do it the same way?

Below are examples of some of my notes on other players.

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • slowplay top pr scare flop
  • limps w AA, calls to r
  • flopped FH, check calls to r then ai

Also, if the software allows, I use color codes. Red if they took a lot of my money/chips, orange if they slow play top pair or over pair, yellow if they are rude in the chat, green if they are nit, or are calling stations. Blue if it's MTT, Purple of it's cash, grey if it's not game-related info like "he's funny" or "name is Robert from Texas."

How about you? If you take player notes, how do you do it?
depands where i play - ussually i doesnt like to make notes..but in some tournaments i try do it...

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If not using HUD, It's useful against sit and go tournament regulars noting push/fold/call situations when cards are revealed. Noting Position, effective stacks, player type up against + noting their cards. + Specific Patterns, such as, they min raise a lot when antes start etc..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Take notes in detail , then lose them all because of your mistake , App problem or other problem . I have lost far too many times my notes on PS , I have heard many players have lost their notes on 888poker

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Some notable players in play or table behavior are always on my mind.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you take notes on other players? And if so, do you organize them? Do you write in shorthand? Do you do it the same way?

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • limps w AA, calls to r

Also, if the software allows, I use color codes. Red if they took a lot of my money/chips, orange if they slow play top pair or over pair, yellow if they are rude in the chat, green if they are nit, or are calling stations. Blue if it's MTT, Purple of it's cash, grey if it's not game-related info like "he's funny" or "name is Robert from Texas."

How about you? If you take player notes, how do you do

Yes, I do notes on opponents. Notes are usually associated with preflop play. Sometimes I write a note after the end of the hand when I saw the opponent's cards.
I do but not like that I'll write sentences on how he played and what happend trying to keep it as short as possible

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • limps w AA, calls to r

How about you? If you take player notes, how do you do it?
I Absolutely take notes, both on the sites provided notepad (as well as the color label) and in my HUD. I think this is one of the big advantages of playing online, we have access to these tools so we should use them. When I was a League Captain I would preach to my teammates about good note taking, especially since you see the same people every week and you can also see how they are changing their game (especially when it comes to playing against you because you know their normal habits). Besides the color code and notes, I also have short names for the type of player that opponents are: Cally Wally, Allen (for all in often), Bluffy, the usual TAG and LAG, TP (tight passive) LP (loose passive -- this is A LOT of online players), Pscyho (maniac), and I like to list their betting patters -- min raise/F3B with junk, min raise/call with med SC -- 99+, 3 BB with AQ+ and JJ+ (yes, those are all the same player). Other examples: will small cbet/fold to agg on flop when misses, 1/2 pot cbet flop when strong. You get the idea. So, I can say that I am a HUGE fan of notes.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I take notes occasionally, but mostly rely on color coding. Red for over-aggressive players that you can either slow-play or reraise relentlessly. Green for calling stations so I can value-bet like crazy. Blue for super-nits that can be bullied.

I will occasionally make specific notes on players, but only when they capture general tendencies. "Tricky limper" is a note I take sometimes (a very specific type of passive player). Mostly I want to know at a glance the type of player they are, not deep dive into their psyche.

Last edited:
treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is necessary, the head is also not powerful enough to remember all the players :D

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My PokerTracker4 does all of the work for me when I'm playing online. Live is a different animal, though.