Do you take notes on other players?

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you take notes on other players? And if so, do you organize them? Do you write in shorthand? Do you do it the same way?

Below are examples of some of my notes on other players.

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • slowplay top pr scare flop
  • limps w AA, calls to r
  • flopped FH, check calls to r then ai

Also, if the software allows, I use color codes. Red if they took a lot of my money/chips, orange if they slow play top pair or over pair, yellow if they are rude in the chat, green if they are nit, or are calling stations. Blue if it's MTT, Purple of it's cash, grey if it's not game-related info like "he's funny" or "name is Robert from Texas."

How about you? If you take player notes, how do you do it?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I've said this before aswell that if i'd ever take notes i'd store this information in my head :cool:

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do notes. But I put into notes information from sharcscope( tot profit, amount of tournaments and other statistics)

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is necessary if you want to play with strategy.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
never take notes but i know on each sites i play regular player how he or shhe playing......

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When taking notes on players, I write down only the mistakes they made and the corresponding color marks.

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When taking notes on players, I write down only the mistakes they made and the corresponding color marks.

Nice. Can I see an example of one of your notes? Is it like "he bet hard with 66 while 4 overcards on board?"

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you take notes on other players? And if so, do you organize them? Do you write in shorthand? Do you do it the same way?

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • limps w AA, calls to r

Also, if the software allows, I use color codes. Red if they took a lot of my money/chips, orange if they slow play top pair or over pair, yellow if they are rude in the chat, green if they are nit, or are calling stations. Blue if it's MTT, Purple of it's cash, grey if it's not game-related info like "he's funny" or "name is Robert from Texas."

Yes.
But they are general observations like
C bets big on flop
Rarely folds to 3 bet

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes, tag players from tight to loose and then specific notes on any trends you see such as chases flushes..

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • limps w AA, calls to r

I make notes on other players if the site has the capability. I will tag players that make bad moves and also tag good players to avoid.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcourse , i always mark players play

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't record players, I just mark them with color.
Green is regular, plays hard, tight
Yellow is a beginner, makes rash decisions, often limpit and raise, VPP is more than 65%
Red is an aggressive player, always raises with a strong hand, dangerous when re-raising and 3-bet pots

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I just remember how someone is playing sitting at the same table, you can never be 100% sure how who will play, these are just your assumptions.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes notes about other players give you information about the player sooner or later if you are a good player you will meet him at the final table where your notes about him will only benefit you

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
Yes I take notes of most players, especially deep in tournaments.
I keep track of the hands I "whitenessed" or I got envolved with.
But I always keep in mind that players evolve a lot from month to month, so I try to note the date as well.
Gl at the tables

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

• ss aipf w/ A2o BTN
  • 3x w/AA
  • POT pf AKs
  • calls aipf A7o
  • limps w AA, calls to r

I also take notes sometimes. But it doesn't happen very often at the moment. Much more I mark the players with colors. It doesn't matter which colors you take for yourself.
Notes must also be constantly updated and in my opinion only make sense if you play professionally and more often. This has to do with the fact that some players also change their style. One day you can play aggressive and 1 month later super tight. So I think notes are useless if you don't maintain them regularly.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most of us take notes,what would be an interesting post is to see what notes we have on players in cardschat games haha

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Yes I do take notes on players if I am playing same games. I haven’t played for 2 months now though. When I last updated my software, all the notes was disappeared

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have particularly noted on the website some players who caught my attention, both for the correct discipline of acting and for the bluff.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes but my notes are very basic But long winded. Im still figuring out how and what to say that will quickly help me. I like the examples you show, thats the kind of notes I would like to learn to do.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even If I do not take note, I know that I should do.
I plan to take notes on paper using hand histories.
I will use one page per player I met.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I take notes of other players. I think that it can give you some information but this information depends of the quantity of hands that you have play with the other play. If this number is not important, I think that this information is not good 🙂

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Always, constantly adjusting them too. It's just necessary since you have no other tells, right? So why wouldn't you? My mind is buggy sometimes and not as reliable as a written note that remains there forever, no matter what feelings I have.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To take notes of rivals in a game, the ideal is summary or symbols that only one understands to be able to play with all the measures, having framed all their weaknesses to have an advantage over recreational players, those who are easily to win chips.