Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
But players play differently at different stages of the tournament. I don't think this is effective.
This is probably why it's great to practice several completely different strategies and/or gamestyle's during one tournament ...
Cause this way people who have notes/colours on you are probably expecting one thing so them receiving something completely different is pretty much best thing ever since most occasions they aren't even prepared for it and when they finally realize notes/colours letting them down they basically give this expression * suprised Pikachu face *

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often take notes on my opponents. Thanks to notes, I often make successful and correct decisions and achieve better results. Sometimes a note can decide the result in a day or a week.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
This is probably why it's great to practice several completely different strategies and/or styles of play during the same tournament...
Because that way people who have notes/colors on you are probably expecting one thing, so getting them something completely different is almost the best thing since most of the time they They're not even ready for it, and when they finally realize that the notes/colors are letting them. they basically give this expression*Pikachu's surprised face*
You can't use different styles during the same game or tournament. I only have 1 or 2 hands when I'm playing against a certain player and don't want to make a mistake and lose. You need to do this in a certain poker room and for a long time)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You can't use different styles during the same game or tournament.
Yes you can. For example starting cautiously and then in later stages going to be aggressive as hell or vice versa - starting aggressively and assuming it paid off then at some point going to be extra cautious ...

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Yes you can. For example, start cautiously and then get damn aggressive at later stages, or vice versa, start aggressively and assume it paid off, and then become especially at some point cautious...
Yes, but you'll be at a different table and other players and you won't need it. And big tournaments always have different players, 8000+ of them. At the same table, I also sometimes use my conservative bluffing style, but it doesn't always work either. It depends on many factors. Players in the hand and their cards.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. But they are more on generalized tendencies which are different from population.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes he did when he was aggressive or very weak.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take notes mainly on those who play very inadequately.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes are a very useful thing, the main thing is that the information is up-to-date and reliable.

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
  • Do you take notes about your opponents? Yes, in addition to breaking through the shark, I also try to write notes on my aponents, mainly on regs, I will certainly cross paths with them more than once in future tournaments

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! I specifically put notes specially on crazy plays, like allin or tilt reactions, and I write down the exact senario, however for normal encounter i just label by colors, but I have seen streamers almost all tables they play have notes, as for me i do not want to put notes on everyone as it can mess your game by assuming things the next time I encounter that specific player, through labels though you can tell what level they are in general.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes. I used to make comments about opponents.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I make a lot of notes, especially from those who flew out, they really suggest in the future. Only sometimes notes fly off the players, this is frustrating.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I try to do it, although right now I'm playing micro limits and it generally doesn't make sense, but I'm developing a habit, in the future it will probably give a hint on how to beat this or that opponent.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, I do and they serve me well. But some players seem to register under new names regularily to fly under my radar ....

If you don't realize how prevalent that is...you're doing it wrong.

Never use one account when you wish to play seriously.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you put notes on your opponents?
And I always put it, even if I lose and leave the game in a next tournament I already have enough information about this opponent, this has helped me a lot when I meet them at the tables again.
I take notes too. I mark bad players in green and good players in red. I also write about the player if he is aggressive or if he often bluffs, if the player often enters the game with bad cards. All these notes are very helpful, I understand what to do next.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Make notes as much as possible, color the strength of the villains, use some kind of poker software (PT4).

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in the past I done such thing , but now I form my style of playing poker and I dont need such information or notes about any player or players , Im just focus on the the game and how it is played :)

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I did not for a long time, then occasionally they started to pup up the guys I noted, and I figured out it was a pretty good idea to note not all the time, but the dangerous one..

good luck

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't take nots. Maybe it's wrong. But i understand that i play microlimit poker and it's more inportant for me first to pay attention to the game.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% note taker but playing fast games #hyper it's hard to keep track. notes are good always nice to find the solid player who actually folds OVER the all out call guy. enjoying my winter re-start on a new site so NOTES important

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I do mark players, usually by color code and one quick sentence, but could do more of it for sure it is really helpful.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
no. I mainly remember in a cash game how who plays in particular what my opponents play with
. I play short tables

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
at one time I then used it on the platform but stopped

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you put notes on your opponents?
And I always put it, even if I lose and leave the game in a next tournament I already have enough information about this opponent, this has helped me a lot when I meet them at the tables again.
To my great regret, I can mark the color at most, but I don’t write in detail what is a big minus for me. She is so lazy, she always overcomes me)