Do you take notes on opponents?

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I have commented on several occasions, that it is essential to keep track of all your opponents, for me poker is more than a game, when I play poker, I take it very seriously and that leads to taking note of each player and also to write down my mistakes, so you don't make them again. It's not just taking notes, it's keeping track of each player, it's keeping a record and trying to put together a file on each player, so that we know how they play in the future. It is my opinion and my advice to everyone.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The notes are a very useful source of information for me. I often made the right decision only because of the information that was available to me in my notes.

dead_in_sight

dead_in_sight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
Do you put notes on your opponents?
And I always put it, even if I lose and leave the game in a next tournament I already have enough information about this opponent, this has helped me a lot when I meet them at the tables again.
i notes only playres who did once stupid call. i think write smth in this notes is useless

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I always put it when I think it's necessary, for example: villain 1 pays everything preflop, or villain 2 only plays with strong play, villain 3 doesn't know what he's doing, so to speak.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes are needed especially on weak players in order to win more from them.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes, I play spin go and many times you repeat with the same players so it is a great help to take notes on the players, even more so because I play without help programs

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
whenever possible I take notes on opponents, especially in regular tournaments when we have more time to analyze.

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I created a color system that helps me mark opponents (aggressive, safe, play for value, keep betting, etc.)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I created a color system that helps me mark opponents (aggressive, safe, play for value, keep betting, etc.)
I kinda wonder what you are going to do when the opponent uses completely different style or whatever compared to notes about them :unsure:

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Since I mostly play freerolls, taking notes on opps could be not so effective. I made some on some opps, but didn't meet them after at all :D:D
But it makes more and more sense with higher limits and especially when you are getting to the final stages of the tournaments I guess.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
should be needed during the tournament can bring convincing results. have a stronger and safer hand

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
It is very important to keep in mind that keeping track of your opponents is fundamental and essential, in order to keep track of your opponents, this will help you a lot when making decisions, when it is your turn to play, in I did not do it before, but now that I have been doing it, I have seen changes and I have won more, since I have control against opponents that I already have marked. And I know how your type of bet is. I recommend taking notes on each opponent, or at least the most regular ones you find in tournaments.

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Luiz_Rocha_Jr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Eu meio que me pergunto o que você vai fazer quando o oponente usar um estilo completamente diferente ou o que quer que seja comparado às notas sobre eles:incerto:
In this case, I have to create a specific note. the color system are just observations to mark during the game, which must be complemented later. The PS already provides similar player observations.

jrportes21

jrportes21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
this helps a lot because you know what it means, the runs are easier and faster.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To take notes is very important, but I did't started yet.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I used to play everyday the same tournament I used to take notes of others players, because at least 30-40% are the same players.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely as I don't play with the same players often as there are thousands of players playing low limits.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I make marks, yellow is fish
blue bluff aggressor, red shark
Orange - baby shark, helps to make the right decision in difficult situations

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I very rarely take notes. Only if the player does something very inappropriate. Everything else is a specific draw. This player may play differently the next day.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Not a lot of notes, but I tend to color code how good a player is.

I'll take a few notes if it's worth it, like “fluffed 40bb bVB with Rag A7o”, which is extremely useful if we both have 40bbb stacks. other notes, including catching everything.. I tend to barrel them because they overpay for gatshots etc.. if they catch decent draws with decent outs, it's not decent because they play poker normally since you'd expect that The flash draw will stay at least on the flop.
But players play differently at different stages of the tournament. I don't think this is effective.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it really depends where online or live on online i have notepad in pc

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do indeed. Find them to be very helpful in the decision making process.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. If I take notes and put the different colors to remember what type of player he is, especially since I don't have any other program that gives you information like hud

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently had to reboot the laptop when typed a note and after logging on I've discovered that all notes are gone... forever...