Do you respond to comments in a game online?

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I don't like answering anyone at the table when I'm playing, especially when the opponent starts writing nonsense and starts offending.

I do dabble a lot with friendly players:)

Its always nice to make new poker friends imo.

J

jetoukatli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it something absurd when they write nonsense or insults, if it were a live table, you would not have that offense, they do it just because they are behind a screen and they should be blocked.
Now if someone makes an accurate comment about a particular, well-intentioned play, it doesn't bother me.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Better to ignore the comments and focus on the game, it is what I try while I am playing

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love chatting, especially during platinum cardchat freerolls, I am always happy to chat at the poker table

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't usually do it, I usually have the chat deactivated, because most of the time there are people who insult and say ugly things, I prefer to have it outside the game.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I focus on the game and refrain from comments.this can contribute to a tilt.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I try to concentrate, I rarely answer and speak.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, usually not. But I got couple times a comment about my country that I come from, like "Big up Jamaica" or "hey, I love Jamaica" or "Bob Marley" or something about smoking weed :) those are the only comments that I answer, them nice.

19dobriy83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not always pay attention to the comments because they write various nasty things in the first place, and secondly, it distracts from the game.

S

secondaryshadez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me really comes down to what kind of player comments and why.
While playing low-stakes I experience a lot of "funplayers" blaming others because of a flip which is nothing I'll ever respond to for sure.
On the other hand there are players simply joking around and I love to have those little conversations where you are basically trashtalking and have fun together.
To be fair those conversations are very rare :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy. Doesn't bother me none. If it gets too much, I just shut it off.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not always pay attention to the comments because they write various nasty things in the first place, and secondly, it distracts from the game.

These are my thoughts TOO! Especially if I am grinding multiple tables, the only exception is if I am getting down to a few players left, and if I do not have many tables open. OR if I should happen to "see" a player that I know (which is very rare)

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you've played balls and at the beginning of the game I even like to answer but I'm getting to the straights, I turn off the chat because there are times it gets in the way

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't chat when im playing cuz a lot of the time it's just players raging after they lose a hand

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it is very different, it depends a little on how I feel myself. I often have the chat off. But sometimes you have nice people at the table and then I talk from time to time.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in final tables the talk is fun haha

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I generally do not comment and when I did they sanctioned me the cardschat but it was my fault and I deserve it:D

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually keep quiet during games. silence is gold.

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely, poker chat is what THIS site is all about. so, why would you not wish to chat?

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why be like a brute, and waste your nerves? It is better to simply disable the chat.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
in our Cardschat tournaments I do say Hi to the players I am used to, otherwise it depends, If some one is insulting or using another language I do tell them the rules of the club and keep things cool. :deal:

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like answering anyone at the table when I'm playing, especially when the opponent starts writing nonsense and starts offending.

At the table when it is a very important tournament not to lose concentration is very essential, one of the resources of the opponents is to look for desconcentrate to beat you at the table when you have a good hand making a bluff or on the contrary to have a regular hand and keep until one raises the bet.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend on the comment, if it's offensive, nonsense then I don't answer.
Now, if the move is relevant, I'll answer. More this online.
Live is another thing, there are no offenses or nonsense, it's more about the play and other things you can talk about.

Top 10 Games