Do you mark your opponents?

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do take notes on players from poker clients or from my HUD.

Tight
Loose
Reg
Crusher
Possible Tilt (usually complains in chat).

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been marking players whenever I see consistent trends in their play. What I’ve seen in the replies that I should consider doing is color coding and potentially adding dates for when I got the information.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mark and always make some notes like: Bluffs overbets, doesn't fold with second pair, calls to hit, calls to river to see flush, play check raise with top pair out of position, dumb luck. Any information that helps me decide how to play against these players.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, taking notes of opponents helps in the next games you find him

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
often,... almost always

extremely helpful when exploiting players

How do you exploit their tendancies if you haven't taken note of them?

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a important estrategy for poker on line.

You need to use this tools for to be a good player.

But if you want do create a similar situation for a live poker, to use the colors is bad.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking notes, in my opinion is very important. I have auto-note taking on my databases, this is nice because you don't have to write the most basic notes. I still take manual notes while I am playing my session. This has actually helped me to think about ranges and villains, because to take really good notes , you must pay attention to the action. The more tables that you play, you do have to trade off the ability to take great notes. This is where my HUD helps out tremendously. I use DriveHUD2 and they have a good auto note program.
I do use a very simple color coding just to let me know what kind of Villain. Green of course is fishy, orange is reg. , yellow is very aggressive. and so on. This really helps out if you are playing a hand on another table and you look over and see something very unusual, if you have a color coded Villain, at least you have an idea to start with

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have on some occasions made notes on other players, especially over aggressive players, I find them to be unpredictable, if I don't make any notes, and will play against them more cautiously when I come up against them, the next time we meet.
In large Tournaments I sometimes label final table players a different colour so that I know they have a chance of getting that far, but in some games they don't always pop up again. So in general I don't always give them the same kind of respect.
Poker is a fun past time for me and I will not use HUD software, I cannot use it in a Live game so why would I want to use it on-line, players can become too dependent on such type of software and are totally lost without it.
Only the other night I came up against a player who must have been Chip leader, I was in the top 50 with over twice as many BBs against many other players on my table, this player had 4X BBs over me so was doing really well. but within 20 minutes he busted out, It is always nice being in the top 5 players in any game but staying there is the hard part.
Notes or no Notes it doesn't always follow you are going to win, if you keep them religiously.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

F

Fangson

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and I always add a little text to understand why I marked someone fish, neat or whatever.

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is also a question of feeling and your mood can be a factor in your play dont you think? Note or no notes depending on the way you feel that day your play can differ.

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe we have a mark but this in a more advanced game today I don't score because I'm starting again

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark in different colors, I don't write notes

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I started to make marks, I haven’t quite mastered the technique yet, as I have been playing not very long ago. I do not always understand what color and what to write in notes. But I hope that I will study this question soon.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If I
try to score as much as I can about the players at my table and if I can when there are few players left, also from other tables

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure the ones that can read me take their notes, so I wont pass the opportunities to remind me of some of the smaller fishes.

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to play winner take all freeroll at one of the ipoker rooms. get 16 wins, planty of second and third places and uncountable amount of final tables - in short period (few months, was about 10 torunaments daily with $5 for first). i marked players which reached final tables with me for further recognisation. that format was quite gamble and quite ept play so you need to know who is using what kind of weapons against you. but at the and it all stand only on your play. of course simple mart of someone playing only QQ+ can help, or that one player which see flop with any two

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been trying to take notes lately:
Green - can to play
Red - better not to play

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! I'm personally, of course, mark my opponents for the tables, :cool:
because this is information for me...:smile: And I use almost the all colour categories...:rolleyes:

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I make notes with color and a note with text about what kind of opponent it is, it helps a lot during the game

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to tag all the time I got some certain information about the villan. It helps me a lot and makes it easier to make decisions.
It works as a traffic lights system to set up my call.

Green light: bluffers, fish, random, calling station, recreational players.
Yellow light: some maniacs, agresive loose players.
Red light: regulars, creative and experienced players, tight, etc.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no I dont, I dont play that much

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts