Do you mark your opponents?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have only made notes a few times, and usually to mark a player who is rude or abusive at the table. I don't keep track of skill level, as I don't play against the same players that often.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have kept detailed notes, but have not adopted the color system. Watching videos I think I really missed out by not doing so. That is a lot of information available at a quick glance.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
No i don't mark players
i know i should do it

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't mark players, but its something I've been thinking about doing for awhile.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark with color often, and I don't even know how to express my names in English for some players) they immediately show me how to act against them, and it works well)))

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do color code players and date them. Players change over time. If the date is old I am not going to take the label I give them as correct until it proven again.

wow, you are the first on this site from who i hear it. i do the same. partly for the same reason, partly i have not enough info about him, and sometimes i labelled good players as bad, probably they were on tilt or bad beat, can be confusing, so date them very useful.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's okay to celebrate players, everyone does it

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mark your opponents at the table with colors? And what categories do you use?
When I started playing poker I always scored. Nowadays I don't have much need. But it's very personal.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, I do it more or less frequently. It is very helpful, when you are multi-tabling and need to make relative quick decisions.
Especially I do it on my favourite game formats or favourite MTTs.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when I see something like that from someone then I get used to marking it so I know what I can even expect from it.
I also make markings categorized as aggressive, tight ... etc.
That's all.

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not. I hope, it will not be a problem anywhere else.

M

Milan Godhania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, everyone missed:

1) Bluffer
2) Raiser
3) #*&%!

I do watch for players who are likely to bet big after the flop.

Last edited:
TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TAG
Tight Passive
LAG
Loose Passive
Bluffer

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very important to add also notes on how he played the hand when he get to showdown. One thing I noticed in micro and low buy in people can change the way they play after few weeks they can get better so always add note

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I haven't done this for a long time. There are a lot of station wagons now. They always play in a different style. I'm not playing in the same mood myself as last time.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never took notes until recently. I noted several players, but some completely different players ended up under the same color mark. I stopped taking notes again.

S

shopwert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first play someone, I use traffic light colors. Red, yellow, green. After I’ve played with them a while, I use a number system in the notes.
Example. 4/2
Numbers run 1 to 5.
1st # is tight-loose factor.
4 is loose but you’ve seen worse.
2nd # is aggression factor.
2 is passive but will attack with good cards
3/3 would be a player that plays an average number of hands and has average aggression tendencies.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes I do, and it's usually something like; $250 CC/FR: dcnt plyr, made FT.
Translation- $250 CardsChat Freeroll: decent player, made final table. Maybe 'slw-rlr' for slow roller. Add a color so they show up easier at the table.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I recently started celebrating poker opponents. Fish, an aggressive fish, a player who has experience in the game, often hits the prizes, regular, with each other in the same community.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark the player with a colored marker so as not to memorize his style of play. This will help me quickly get information about my opponent when I meet him at the table in the future.
Maniac
Tight
Loose

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Since I only play freeroll at the moment, there is no point in marking everything, so it's hard to put a real note

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don't mark my opponents - rarely very much. Who knows what his mood is now ...

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take notes, but at 2-5 limits it doesn't really help, most of them play very creative poker

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes I like to mark players so if I lm continuing a game with them or if I come across them again I know how they play