Do you like being moved from table to table in MTT ?

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i was playing a MTT on pokerstars and, at the middle stage of the tournament, i was moved to another table TWICE in 10 minutes.
I don't like it because the whole work you've done to read your opponents is immediatly down.
Do you know how the software decides who is moved (and when) ?
And how do you manage arriving at a new table (and often immediatly hitting a very good hand) ?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it unless there's someone at the table that is consistently lucky.

Pokerstars is generally pretty good about keeping you at the same table for a long time.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a live tournament once where I was never moved. It was much easier as players came to my table one by one. My brother was watching and he told me I dont know if you realize it or not but you were betting all of the small chips so people didnt believe you had the hand because of it and called off. I ended up winning.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with most things in poker, it depends- If am at a table where I feel like I have good reads or an edge I rather stay there.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the software change the table to keep it in proportion according to the stack of the players.
If you do not have notes or other information like stats about the players of the new table, it is advisable to play the first hands carefully. ;):)

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me sometimes change the table is good, sometimes not.. but its a part of the game, we cant control this move.. we trust on the rooms to play..[emoji848][emoji91]

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your answers 👍.
I also think that the software moves the player in order to respect a kind of stacks equilibrium at each table.
But the fact is: each time you arrive at a new table, you must play your firsts hands carefully.
So it is a great advantage to stay a long time at the same table.
But well i suppose there is nothing else to do than hope not to visit too many tables during the tournament :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I dont like being moved, but there are situations, where I am happy about it, if my table is particularly bad in some way. Maybe the whole table is only solid players, or maybe I have a maniac on my left with a big chip stack. But other than that it tends to suck, because its all over again with picking up reads or HUD-data on new players.

I dont know, how poker sites pick players to be moved but pretty sure its done randomly. Say 90 people are playing a 9-max MTT, and now someone late register so its 91. Then 7 players need to be moved to the new table created by the arriving player, and those will then be selected randomly among all 90 players, but in a way so that only one player per table is moved. So presumably the RNG first pick which 7 tables to move a player away from and then pick one player from each of those 7 tables.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's annoying most of the times . To play a tournay at a table , toget to know to the players , their style , maybe have an edge at this table , or repeatedly very nice hands and good luck , then moved to a new table with sharks or lucky donks , start receiving very bad cards and hands . It;s funny when you are moved to a new table for 1 or 2-3 hands , then again to a new table . Funny when you are moved to anew table and you are the only one there , then one more comes and you play HU for 2 , 3 ,4 hands , until more come to have a 6max or 8/9max table , lol I hate this .

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I also don't like it when he moves me to another table and not once but several times:(:(:(:(

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it when that happens,but it happens.Once I got moved from table to table 5 or 6 times in less than an hour.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can be a plus and a minus, particularly near the bubble.

If short stacked, you can end up playing 2 big blinds in a row. On the other hand you can all but avoid playing the blinds for 2 orbits if the move works out.

Regarding players, I do not find it difficult to read what is happening at a table if moved - why would it be? You can instantly see stacks sizes and within an orbit (or even a few hands) you should be able to see what is transpiring between players so I mostly enjoy being moved.

You remain at the same table and people can see/sense you are running good or bad. They will play at you accordingly. You switch tables you get a breather one way or another for an orbit or so.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the information I lose about the opponents I was playing is offset by them having zero info on me. If I had just played a bunch of hands, even the non-observant folks will start looking me up cause "he can't have it every time". At a new table it's a new image. It also allows for a clean gear change if we're changing from early to mid game or whatever and noone notices you're suddenly a rock.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As with many things in poker, sometime it stinks and other times its great. I I am running over a good table i dont want to be moved but when at a bad table getting more is not a bad thing to have happen.

For a laugh, playing in a tournament at the Mohegan sun in 2015 and was given a card to change my table, I found my table and was told before the 1st hand was dealt to me to move again. Got to my 2nd table and sat down and had to wait until the button passed but then I was moved again. Get to my 3rd table and just as they dealer was shuffling they decided to break down the table. Yes I never played a hand at those 3 tables I was sat at. Never had that happen before or since but it was different for sure.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is part of poker and it is something that we cannot control, so we must take it that way, the things that we cannot control should not bother us.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't like being moved around a lot in a tournament.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I feel I have an advantage on any new table. I agree that information is lost on both sides.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, I don't like it very much, just like you. The one who does not "Read" his opponents may not pay attention to this, he does not care, but I try to analyze what is happening at the table.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the table. Sometimes you have one or two deep stack loosers raising aggressively every hand in your right, and you are been dealt only with trash or speculative hands. It's a relief when you are moved. But when you have calling stations or fishes in the table that are giving you a lot of blinds no.
In Pokerstars sometimes you have a middle stack and are moved to tables when six of the top ten chip leaders are. It happens a lot with me.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it can be advantageous I have found. There have been more than a few times I have quite a low stack and I keep getting moved to the button over and over again so I kept avoiding the blinds, so it would give me more time to find an opportunity.
Most timesI would say I don’t like it much though, I start to see how people at my table are playing because i may have been at this table for a couple of hours and then bang!! They move me and it kind of disrupts me a bit for a few hands. Although if I get a premium hand right off the hopper on a new table i try to use this to my advantage.

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i like it, other times when i crush the table, i am very mad when moved.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all your replies !
I see opinions can be different about being moved.
That makes sense to say that it depends on the opponents you faced at your initial table.
But on POKERSTARS I am often moved to a table where big stacks are sitting.
So even if I sometimes skip a BB , it is generally not good news...

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no it's annoying if you're trying to pay attention to how people are playing.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I like it. When you get moved to another table you cannot read your opponents. But guess what, they can't ready you either.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oddly enough, but yes, it gives me the understanding that I move further and further in the tournament and win more and more people and this brings me closer to the prize zone.