Do you have a method to call a bluff on online poker?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very player specific. If you monitored the player for quite a long time by watching the table carefully, collecting statistics by using HUD or preferably both you can start seeing some tendencies in his/her game which may help you to uncover their bluff.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone has a method that worked at 100 percent of what it would have been a millionaire and poker would have ceased to exist)))
But in general, everyone has his own method to calculate a bluff:
I look at how the current distribution and how to play this player to it, at the time of its decision-making and on bet sizes, if a player plays the same time it is very difficult to read his bluff without a long game at the same table and the information on it.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the board and determine the range of the opponent's hands and compare them, and also pay attention to the enemy's position. And there are cases when I open the bluff

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon! Well I have no method to bluff the micro limits prefer to play more value and bluffing less :)

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will learn when players bluff in time be patience and do not give up

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing to player specific. I made mistake of trying to bluff someone I only observe for few minutes and got called easily. It’s better to have some history with him or at least watch how he plays several hands to the river before attempting a bluff. Sometimes the bluffs work on a newbie player you never encounter before but I think it’s more successful if you know he willing to fold. There are players that don’t fold and it doesn’t cost you anything to observe that then to have you try and get called on a failed bluff.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff catching is an art. Part of it is to check, if the story make sense? Would he play any of his strong hands this way, or does this smell like a line, that is really designed to make me fold?

Example: We were 7 players left in small MTT, where 6 places paid, so right on the bubble. I was the third shortest stack with around 25BB. Someone was very short with 6BB. I open AQ for 2.5BB and the chip leader in BB massages it up to 5BB. I call. Flop come AJ7 rainbow, and now he open jam for around 2 times the pot. If I call and lose, I am the bubble boy, so I have a huge incentive to fold.

However I strongly feel, that this player is aware of that. He named himself "agromonster", and seemed like a decent LAG. And also if he had a very strong hand like AA, JJ or AJ, why play it so fast? He had 3 streets to get the money in, so would he not try to rope me in by betting small on the flop, a bit more on the turn, and then rest in on the river?

This smelled like a bluff to me, so I called, and he had KK. Unfortunately he got there on the river, and I was out, but the important is, I made a correct call based on the fact, that his story made no sense.

It was also a correct call from a game theory standpoint, because AQ is one of the very best hands, I can even have. AA, JJ and AK probably get committed preflop. So if I fold AQ on this board, I only give him action with exactly AJ, 77 and A7s, and he can run me over with bluffs.

Last edited:
Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the opponent puts a lot, and the bank is too small, then he has good cards for sure.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope, this is why I'm not a very good player lol

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I wait a while to do the action and I bet triple. but the bluff has to be well read, or just all in. Of course it also depends on the action of the bluffer and the situation in the tournament / table.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play poker. If your feeling that the are bluffing and your information on the hand is solid. And there story makes no sense then call them . Good Luck At The Tables.

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffs and Omaha

I am still learning to adjust to play Omaha vs. Holdem as far as bluffs and hands in general go.

Any advice?

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no special way to bluff. Generally I bluff a little and often semi bluffs when I have draws.

In a WCOOP tournament I recently had some bluffs where the opponents folded 90%, but I sat with the players for a long time at the table. You need a good feeling, intuition and luck. There are days when the bluffs do not work.

Donsmak

Donsmak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing two years of MTT micro stakes my biggest buying so far is like 11 $, people inted to bluff when blind get big , and we close to the money... It's like no one bluff in early stage unless they invest so much in pot some people doesnt know when they give up.. Also the player with more chips bluff more often than with small chips..
Correct me if i am wrong

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An aggressive player always bluffs often, just opponents are unsure of their card and therefore fold their hand. Bluffing in cash games is often seen by the value of the bet.:):icon_king