Do avatars make a difference to your strategies?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Avatars don't matter at all. You have to watch how the player plays, not what his avatar is. Yes, in a sense, we can draw conclusions about the players, but no more. If someone posts an avatar from a tournament, it does not mean that they will be able to win the tournament.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't pay attention to the avatar or nickname of my opponents. I try to be focused and make the right decisions, this is the main priority for me.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I really don't care about avatars, but when is funny pic or nickname I just laugh... :)

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am so afraid of the plenty of gamers with a shark picture...
Really, I don't care a about Avatars. And I hope nobody thinks I am an alcoholic regarding my Avatar...

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't care about my opponents' avatars at all.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Of course it makes a difference .
At least in my case, I get noticed a lot “I never bluff” and that brings a smile on many a faces for sure…

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I use different avatars for all sites, some cute and some scary and I get beat just the same on them all.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it has any impact, other than helping me remember players I have played with previously.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To answer your question, yes a persons avatar can do both.... give me confidence and put me on guard, obviously depending what the image is. But even more so, a persons avatar gives me an easy way to recognize a player I may have played before. I have actually gotten messed up when a person has changed their avatar and I didn't recognize the name right away. Good thing for notes in that case. Just a way to recognize them and maybe check my notes on that person again.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm I don't get intimidated by them but I gotta say the funny ones gets my attention for sure heheheh

I use a FuriaGG logo.. that's an organization owned/created by Akkari and has a great counter-strike line up..

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
focused!!!
when you look at your opponent's avatar it intimidates you or gives you strength.?
Avatars mean nothing to me, and it doesn't intimidate me, if this really worked I would put Daniel Negreanu's picture in my avatar, and no one would want to confront me.:ROFLMAO:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far i know then there are too many people here who are intimidated by my avatar (and signature) for no reason whatsoever therefore ...
This is called white dragon syndrome.:)

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't care about avatars, but sometimes some are funny...

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Good afternoon ! Honestly, I usually don't care whose avatar is what. I'm not afraid of anyone! At the same time, I often changed my own avatar because I thought I might be luckier, but so far it hasn't really worked out on pokerstars. Nowadays, my avatar is a wolf. it is likely that it will remain so in the future as well. I found that it doesn't affect my game. good luck cc!

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, it gives me no profit, but it could be that professionals get 2-3% more security for their decision. In Formula 1, even a few seconds make a big difference.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the avatars does not make any difference. When I play on PS and the players have the PRO on their avatar then maybe can make difference.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
focused!!!
when you look at your opponent's avatar it intimidates you or gives you strength.?
Neither..it's information. Sharks won't portray themselves as sharks but rather lambs, fish, donkey's or something similar. A clever avatar always indicates a good sense of humour...etc..etc..

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay much attention at others avatars or base any decision on them.

What I did is hide some that just looked perturbing or distracting, but other than that I don't care about them.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I don't notice the avatars that players use, I find the avatar totally indifferent to my game.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to put more into looking at avatars, but now it just seems like its much less meaningful.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
As far i know then there are too many people here who are intimidated by my avatar (and signature) for no reason whatsoever therefore ...
is that Bolo Young intimidates brother, but in the end Jean Claude Van Damme always ends up winning the sweetheart hahahaha :giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
focused!!!
Hello brother
It doesn't intimidate me at all.
I follow the rule, respect the humblest and don't fear the bully hahaha
A big hug from Algarrobo - argentina ;)

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never even notice the avatars.