Do avatars make a difference to your strategies?

hog123

hog123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really does nothing for me

Playing same people on the regular and who knowing who is serious and who is not take notes

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is some next level haha, I don't pay attention too much on avatars at all))

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
focused!!!
when you look at your opponent's avatar it intimidates you or gives you strength.?
Why look at it at all?
This is not what determines the opponent's game!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
focused!!!
when you look at your opponent's avatar it intimidates you or gives you strength.?
Have you ever thought that an avatar might have some meaning
Do some avatars scare you?
such a "frightening avatar" like yours can scare only a preschool child, but unfortunately they don't play poker for you

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Some of the avatars are funny, some are trying to show superiority through an avatar... But most are just a picture that the player likes or lack of it, which, however, has nothing to do with the game. Some players I remember by avatar.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opponent's avatar doesn't matter to me at all. I concentrate on the game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Some of the avatars are funny, some are trying to show superiority through an avatar... Some players I remember by avatar.
Guess you kinda right about that. For example in cc games i have seen players with "creative" avatars with messages like "i never bluff" or "save the drama for your mama" and so on & then there is this stupid person whose avatar has some dude pointing a finger and saying "you are next" :)

Last edited:
N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never paid much attention to avatars. I try to focus on the game.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither one nor the other in my case, I find some funny and others indifferent. :ninja:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't pay so much attention to the opponent's avatars, because I watch the game and I try not to be distracted. I analyze more valuable informations from the game.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intimidate?! Rather, it provides additional information about the player, and based on the style of the game, it can be concluded that the opposite or the shown image is true.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far i know then there are too many people here who are intimidated by my avatar (and signature) for no reason whatsoever therefore ...
I like your avatar. ;)
Chong Li (Bolo Yeung) big guy. He was the "pectoral muscle".
He's thinner now, but he's still an excellent martial artist...

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
focused!!!
no intimidation or strength, i try to pick up on how they play and note it!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't really care what avatar my opponents have. It has absolutely no meaning for me. The avatar does not carry any useful information that I could use.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, i don't care what avatar they have. Although i read an article once, explaining the meaning behind certain avatars. There may be some substance behind it. I once came across a player that had a picture of himself sitting at one of the tables at the wsop main event. Scary? OMG moment? This dude must be good? He was the biggest fish at the table. Anyway, best not to let any sort of emotion you have for avatars get in the way of the way you want to play.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
focused!!!
Generally, an avatar but also the ID name can tell you something about the player. And the more information you have about the opponent, the more advantages you can draw from it.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.No not at all.I don´t care about the avatars or the nicknames of the other players,I only care how well my opponents play this game.Many times I´ve played against players with an intimidating avatars but when you see them playing, I realize they are just fishes.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The avatar of the other players doesn't matter to me 100%. I always try to be focus on the game and my strategy 🙂

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, i don't care what avatar they have. Although i read an article once, explaining the meaning behind certain avatars. There may be some substance behind it. I once came across a player that had a picture of himself sitting at one of the tables at the WSOP main event. Scary? OMG moment? This dude must be good? He was the biggest fish at the table. Anyway, best not to let any sort of emotion you have for avatars get in the way of the way you want to play.

I have same experiences, sometimes players with badgets like WCOOP or SCOOP can overdoing some tournaments, playing many hands and want to achieve from all of them the most. These moments I like to play with the idea if they could brought themselves to the top, why can't I. :) Anyway, most of these players are force to reckon with, but I saw big exceptions too.