• Thread starter natelearnspoker
  • Start date
N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing online poker, do you prefer to display people’s stack in terms of chips or big blinds?

Personally, I started in the former, but now I play all tournaments in terms of BB because it makes it easier to see odds to make decisions. I also find that it’s less scary to see the number of chips that go into the pot.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a beginner, I discovered two days ago about this function in PS, at the moment I'm switching, I would say that I leave it on the chips and sometimes switch to see the bb of each player.

gl!

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't get used to BB view so I prefer chips.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also prefer to display in big blinds. It's actually easier to make decisions.
This option was launched by pokerstars on September 5, 2019. Earlier I counted the number of biglinds in my head.
This option also helps in cash games. Eliminates playing "scary money".

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In general I like the classic chip view but I alter it whenever my stack gets shallower and I have a reshoving stack for MTTs.

Whenever I play cash games I always have the BB view. It is way more convenient for many tables.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I stick to the display of chip totals. It helps me get a clearer sense of where people sit in relation to one another and how it compares to the current blinds and antes. In MTTs, I believe that sometimes may be pushed to act one way or another sometimes if the actual chip amounts going into the pot as it gets bigger, so being able to see that in relation to big numbers vs BBs is useful to me. I do however sometimes toggle with BBs for doing the quick math on how my stack's fairing and if I'll need to shift my aggressiveness if I'm a shorter stack and/or on the bubble.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only use chips and get quite annoyed how easy it switches when you don't want it to, easy to switch back too, yes,

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
my position is very clear.
I prefer chip count to bb count.\Its easier for me personally.
Basically the same I feel either way you see it.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip count... been experimenting with BB, but I feel like its harder to notice the subtle changes in balances and harder to see how someone is betting in relation to their chip stack. Maybe its just my own mental difficulties though :)

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always chips.
I don't know why,but when i have bb,i have feel something is wrong.
So always chips,maybe strange but that's me.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BB o chips

Hello, I would like to know how to change your view in pokerstars. to have both options

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chips. It got stuck on BB and really confused me.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Essentially I watch the chip count 90% of the time and then switch to BB once in a while just to reconfirm where things stand from that perspective.

A good point was touched upon above in that watching the big blinds from hand to hand is clumsy when following betting patterns, raises etc. No doubt if all you every followed was big blinds only you would get used to it to a degree. But it will never be as subtle and hopefully revealing as watching a chip count, particularly regarding bets.

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR just recent added the BB feature and I'm really enjoying it.
Been going that route exclusively the past week or so. I find it especially useful in cash games. Helps me focus more on the cards than the money aspect.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play the old way. I have stacks of chips. There was a case when I went to the site to play and the stacks on the tables were in the BB. Having played a little, I did not like this change.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it's just because I'm a creature of habit, but I prefer the chip count view. It's what I started with and am used to. I don't mind doing the quick math in my head to calculate the number of BB. I've been doing it for so long that I'm used to it. I don't suppose there is anything wrong with switching between the two if it saves you a little brain power, but there is something that you should keep in mind. You might not want to get too used to constantly seeing everything in BB. If and when you play live poker, you will not have the option of utilizing the BB view. But then again, you won't have the chip count view available to you either. If you only play online, you probably won't be used adding up stacks of chips and having to keep track of pot sizes and such on your own. So whatever works for you. Right?

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s convenient for me when everything is indicated in the chips. These BB are distracting and I stop focusing on raise sizes. It is much more convenient to see the whole stack of real chips from the total number of chips.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the BB indicator when I'm multi-tabling.
Calculating how many big blinds is my stack, how much of my stack is the raise and what pot odds am I getting becomes way easier so I can focus on making decisions instead of figuring out numbers.
When I'm playing just one table I don't mind either option.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play exactly in poker math it’s better to play bb, it’s not very convenient

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Has to be chips for me find it easier then bb..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of the times in BBs , I want to see how many bigs I have when it comes to shove or reshove a hand , really important to know how many big blinds you have then so as to avoid a mistake . In the past I did have some problems calculating my big blinds manually , especially when I was multitabling att the same time .

Some times I turn it to chip count , to see how many chips I have , and how many chips my opponents have . , but mostly I care about the blinds Good that many big sites have introduced this feature , time for some others to follow up (888poker) ???

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB is much better!

You already answered a question kkkk

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's what you get used to in the first place.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get used to play with chips, i see faster the moves based on the stack size. Didn't try with BB yet

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chips, cos it's easier to raise according to pot.
In BB you just can see the level of players, but it's difficult to play for distance

Poker Chips - History of Chips