Disconnecting

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you disconnect? There must be different hacks and tricks. For some reason I get disconnected from ACR quite often.
:eek::eek::thumpdown

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you in a tourney when this happens? At ACR?

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you do when you disconnect? There must be different hacks and tricks. For some reason I get disconnected from ACR quite often.
:eek::eek::thumpdown

If you are suffering disconnections while logged in on ACR client, please be so kind and contact the customer service department directly so they can assist you with tech issues. Make sure to provide them your screenname and the tournament ID or hand ID or full name of the tournaments affected.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some poker Apps are awful, crashing on a regular basis. I don't understand computers but likely compatibility issues. But I got no idea what they are. The pesky flash player is a potential culprit.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Year 2 ago on pokerstars I have were gaps compounds several times, from-for what I was leaving in sit-out lost tournaments this was not on their fault, simply I have was bad Internet, I wrote letter in service support PokerStars with explanation that was registered but not was able play in the tournament on reason gap ties, me returned buy-in although gap was not on their fault.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only ever had trouble when connecting with my phone or tablet.

My suggestion - switch to a computer with a hardwired LAN connection or a WiFi connection that you know is stable.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing on the phone sometimes happens to disconnect because of calls or messages .. Today I was in a HU hexagon of 3 € with 1200 chips vs 300 of the village and when it came back I had 87 chips .. very annoying that, when the good connection lost 2x and the time to win the internet fell .. I hope not happen that in HU because it's a disaster to stay out

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these cases, turn off the PC and do other things. Poker will wait :)

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still constantly experiencing disconnections! Actually don't even know what to do anymore. It's getting ridiculous.

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are suffering disconnections while logged in on ACR client, please be so kind and contact the customer service department directly so they can assist you with tech issues. Make sure to provide them your screenname and the tournament ID or hand ID or full name of the tournaments affected.
So I just spoke to an agent and it was like speaking to a wall. He could not give me ANY straight answers to why this is happening.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
So I just spoke to an agent and it was like speaking to a wall. He could not give me ANY straight answers to why this is happening.
Probably because it's at your end, the internet has been known in the past to be unreliable from time to time. ;)

:bandit:

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have issues with my internet sometimes so i will only play a higher stakes tournament with my phone around so if i disconnect i automatically switch to my phone hot spot until the noise on my line works itself out. Have old cable lines coming into the house and still have issues even tho im hardwired so always have the hotspot on backup

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, BCP ended several major tournaments and sit & go's, all at once. I think that happened back in August. There was honestly no way to prepare for something like that. Many players were just spots away from cashing, in guaranteed money tournaments. I haven't dealt with major disconnection problems. Playing online poker during a thunderstorm, is just a bad idea. I would definitely aim for internet improvement, if disconnections were problems. If you are able to improve your internet quality, do it. Saving a few dollars a month can only be justified if you're playing for free. Sitting at a $1/$2 table with horrible internet, would just be asking for it. If you're enjoying online poker for little to no money, by all means, shrug off the disconnections.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have a lot of problems with my wifi , it sucks , I get disconnected all the time . Now I use wired connection for my desktop , it's far better for the time being , I will see in the future if the problem is solved . Rarely happen disconnections because pokerrooms deal some stability connectivity issues . In the great majority of times my router . is to blame for . When I have to deal with disconnections I am really extremelly frustrated , I believe most people are .

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what your reason is. But for some reason I only had problems with WINDOWS 10... Rolled back to the good old 7 version and the flight is now normal :)