Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not sure I understand fully.

What exactly would an online player union do?

How would it do it?

How much would you be willing to pay weekly/monthly?

Isn't word-of-mouth on poker forums enough?

I am not against it. I just don't understand what you are proposing.

ditto ^
It has already been discovered that platforms only want to maintain dominance over the players, with their policies that always favor them and not the players

So what is 'the plan'. How would you implement it?

In my opinion, the only way you're going to create any change on a site that doesn't listen to it's customers (ie. pokerstars as of 2020 (& a few years prior)) is to cease playing on that site. Have you done some research on this? An organized boycott was attempted but it didn't work and had ZERO effect.

Other sites are working to gain customers and are making great strides!
ie partypoker & GGPoker (ESPECIALLY Partypoker!!!)

If you want to see change, play on the site(s) that support the players.

At this point in time, I doubt Pokerstars would make any changes in favour of customers even if they were to lose half their poker business. They are already flogging it to death with the multiple re-entry tourneys, the one after another 'series'. My belief is they are extracting every penny they can with thoughts that this isn't going to be around for the longrun... "get it while the getting is good". It's shameful really and honestly players have no recourse but to take their business elsewhere.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure how such an organization will be able to exert pressure on the poker companies when they detect that something is not right.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what illegal can the poker room do?
usually these are players trying to abuse, create multi-accounts, etc.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Absolutely I feel that would be an excellent idea. However, how would you keep you appointed/elected officials from not turning into money grabbing thieves. You know that some poker sites might start floating “sponsorship” monies towards these people. With the internet gambling and poker having soo many scandals and scams how could we trust the online pokers governing board(for lack of a better word)would not become cronies with big internet gambling companies?? Just my concern!!

Z

Stay Safe