puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In your experience, where do the best fish and whales come from?

My favourite countries so far (by far) are the UAE and new zealand, with UK coming in third.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are great fish from every country aswell as good players.
Think % wise the biggest countrys have more fish then the small ones.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Whatever country you're from is perfect answer for that :cool:
I find that there are not as many good fish from canada compared to my top 3 countries. More maniacs for sure, which I wouldn't qualify as a fish.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't like generalizations , there are bad/good players from every country. If you insinuate that the very bad players are for example from brazil or Russia I totally disagree. Those countries just have many online players thus the percentages you will play against are higher. I am from a small country , Greece, I know many good regulars I know many bad random clickers.

Sorry but those topics make non sense for me. :)

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that lots of people from Brazil and Russia are bad, but that may be because there are lots of players from these countries. Not sure if you can trust the "he is brazilian so he is bad" generalization tho

yard47

yard47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While this is definitely somewhat generalizing, I think there is some merit to it.

As poker is a game that is easy to play but hard to master, one could argue that only the most determined and intelligent people will rise to the top, therefore countries with a lower average IQ should also perform worse on average (ofc this is only true if the same percentage of all iq groups of every country would participate evenly in these games, which I'm sure they're not).

If you take a look at average IQ distribution maps by countries, f.e. African countries and some of the south-american countries are on the lower spectrum on average (70-90 iq on avg), same applies for some of the UAE countries.

So if I had to take a guess I'd say that these countries probably have the most fish playing, while playing people from the UAE should overall be the most profitable (as they seem to be on the lower IQ spectrum + have lots of cash in their economies)

Just my 2 cents ;D

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on education level in each country.
Before I joined ACR I thought that Brasilians are the worst in average, but now i think that Americans are the worst. Well my experience is based in micro and mini limits for cash and MTT games. Can't say much about mid-high buy-ins.
In your experience, where do the best fish and whales come from?

My favourite countries so far (by far) are the UAE and New Zealand, with UK coming in third.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess there are no countries.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends cause if you are on the downswing you'll play bad and that doesn't make you a fish rite???? or Am I wrong ????

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't think that being a fish or a whale its tied to were you come from as there are both good and bad players in every country , but I remember everyone used to say that players from france were fish , I for one seen and played with a few really good french players in the past so I think that those opinions are biased.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Folks, appreciate the thoughts about nationality not necessarily being tied to identity as a whale or fish. But come-on! Surely you can tell it's not a philosophical topic but one about personal experiences.

I think yard is right on. I love UAE players because so many of their players recklessly throw stacks and just don't seem to care about their money. It's like free money that they are giving away just for fun! Yes, there may be some good UAE players but how many UAE sharks have you seen?

This topic is about personal experience, not philosophy or political correctness. If you choose to ignore what you see about your villain's nationality just because it doesn't necessarily qualify them as a fish or a whale, good for you and here's a cookie.

4th on my list are players from China.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all country have fish end good players...country with low end hi

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all coutnry have good end bad players...end hi end low IQ thats just stupid thing to say end very rasist

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not exactly Fish, but in my experience, some player from ucraine are so agressive in the tournament starts that makes me think if it is lucrative to play this way.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
all coutnry have good end bad players...end hi end low IQ thats just stupid thing to say end very rasist
That generalization doesn't mean that there aren't better fish from more wealthy countries that have more people with lower IQ. Nothing racist about it. No race mentioned. In fact, the thought of linking IQ to race in your mind is indicative of your own intrinsic repressed racist tendencies.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I played Sit and Go for a month in + at low limits ... I noticed such a thing, that it is advantageous to play against countries with a time zone in which they have a night
that is, they are sleepy and more often wrong play.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
when I played Sit and Go for a month in + at low limits ... I noticed such a thing, that it is advantageous to play against countries with a time zone in which they have a night
that is, they are sleepy and more often wrong play.
Very good observation. I noticed this too!

P

preki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the greeks and israelis are awful at plo lol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fishes

in my experience fishes or sharks has nothing to do with countries
just see the winners of all the global big events -first place or final table -from so many diferent countries
good players and bud players are from all countries

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People assume that just because they see so many bad plays coming from a certain region, they think that region is full of bad poker players.
What you fail to realize is that there are more people playing from one region because it most likely is daytime where these players are from.
I had one time assumed mostly Russian players were poor poker players, but that was because I play mostly at night where it is most likely prime time in Russia and the European countries.
On the flip side, when I play during the day, I see alot of bad plays from South American and Canadian players.
So depending on the time zone and time you chose to play, you will see more of one region than others.