Content filter in poker chat

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some platforms allow you to use chat in tournaments. Should there be a content filter for users who write and intend to distract the opponent with inappropriate comments in a tournament?

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there needs to be a content filter so long as the messages from your opponent can be hidden. ACR has a good system where player comments are in a certain tab along with a report of who won the previous few hands. Since the tab isn't all too useful to the players, hardly anyone types or reads chat unless it's a home game or a break.

To be frank, poker is adult oriented. If an adult can be so offended by a comment that he or she changes his or her style of play, the responsibility should fall on them and not the poker room.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We just need an ability to mute any player, thats all imo. Chat is a good thing if u are playing with normal people.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I do not see the need for such a filter. If I am not mistaken, it seems you can always block the chat, or just ignore the conversations of your opponents.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always choose to mute all players so I don't see a need for a filter. If others want to chat and/or badger that should be their freedom because everyone has the ability to block chat if they preferred to do so.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seems the new thing to attract the younger players is emoticons and throwables.
Both can be okay when used sparingly but some players it seems spend more time playing with the toys instead of focusing on the game.
Annoying as hell with no way to block them like you can with chat.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think why overload the program. You can just ignore the scribbling from opponents.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some platforms allow you to use chat in tournaments. Should there be a content filter for users who write and intend to distract the opponent with inappropriate comments in a tournament?

You can ignore the chat on your table just closing the chat windows, or you can block the chat form specific players doing right click on his avatar and choice the option (at tsome sites).
Also you can block all chat functionality of your opponents and from the observers from the site´s setting tool . :)

Seems the new thing to attract the younger players is emoticons and throwables.
Both can be okay when used sparingly but some players it seems spend more time playing with the toys instead of focusing on the game.
Annoying as hell with no way to block them like you can with chat.

I find it fun and it is a way to express emotions in a funny way, congrats to the opponents for a good hand or avoid going on tilt. :D;)
But you always can disable the throwables options from the site´s setting tool. (PS) :)

Last edited:
tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prizes at the Home Club at Poker

poker game platforms allow these groups to be created where tournaments can be held for participants of the same club, I would consider that the poker platform should provide prizes for home clubs that meet some requirements (seniority, large number of members among others) ?:angel: