Consecutive losses after a big win

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we've all experienced that one way or another. The main reason is that you might be feeling lucky and you think that you''ll keep on winning. You can start being a little more protective of your stack especially in cash games.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play MTTs, that is just the nature of the game. A lot of the money goes to top 3, so the curve of a long term winning player is slowly dripping downwards to then spike up, when he hits a big score.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is normal to lose over several mtt in the long run. many factors can prevent you from reaching first place including the variant over which you have little control. but fortunately when all the lights are green and we manage to reach the 3 first places. it allows to be a profitable player and to realize a good gain of money.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, you can't just win all the time. Secondly, after the victory, everyone begins to think that since they won the tournament, it means that the rest of them do not need to strain, and then the winnings themselves will fall into their pocket. In short, they continue to play relaxed.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I hit a big prize in online poker room but after that I face many repeated loses.

Why?

:(

The same thing happens to me, it turns out I'm not the only one, I think it's a conspiracy of poker rooms

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel the same way after I make a cashout..lol
But I think it’s normal, you can’t always win (unfortunately) :(

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small sample sizes lead to unpredictable results, large sample sizes lead to predictable results (good players win, bad players lose) - expand your time frame and don't focus on short-term results.

This is why people are advised to have bankrolls and to only play games for a small portion of this bankroll (to withstand short-term downswings that happen to all players from time to time). Unfortunately if you aren't a winning player the downswings are more frequent and pronounced.

Good luck! :D

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not you are the only one) despite the big win you need to play as you played before, not invent something new

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think about how lucky (and rare) the big win was. I hit 4 final tables 2 sundays ago, but only 3 since. Obviously the 4 FT's were above expectation and I was due for some variance the other way.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
dificult

Good morning everyone, I think this really happens, every time I have a good result in the following Mtts I end up losing to players with very weak hands in the preflop.
I spiked a $ 1.00 sit go with 180 players, and on the other Mtts and sit I played I was losing almost all All ins.
There is a player who is very winning and who broadcasts his games on twitch, he usually says that he is the "roy fit". I think he's 100% right.

nick Fanfarrão 1983

Attachments

• SIT de 180 fiquei em 1 lugar   03 09 2020.jpg
    SIT de 180 fiquei em 1 lugar 03 09 2020.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 23
B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think back to something Chris Ferguson said years ago in the FullTiltAcadamy....."even the best players will sometimes go thirty, forty or even fifty tourneys in a row without getting another cash"

Hang in there....:)

ptracco

ptracco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MAN.... STORY OF MY LIFE....
really hate that.. go up 400.. loose 450.. then go up 900.. loose 870.. and then go up 350.. and loose 400..
WTF????

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's what makes you come back again and again )

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Part of the variation.
I've suffered a lot with this, today I understand that it is part of the sport.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. It may seem that way, but make a goal to win 2 in a row. See what happens. You may get surprised.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time I hit a big prize in online poker room but after that I face many repeated loses.

Why?

:(
Next time you hit a big prize withdraw 90% of your bankroll and drop down in limits it then becomes much harder to lose it back quickly.:)
Still you can lose it though eventually.:eek:

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You know you can leave the table after a big win.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's part of the game. There are no winners without losers. If you won by playing well, don't change anything, there is no reason it shouldn't come back.
Good luck. ;)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how many times did you bust out of an mtt, bubble, not make final table, etc before you big win? probably a lot. and now, after a big win, you're experiencing variance again and you think something is going on?

one, what is happening is nothing special and happens to everyone. it's called variance and it's also the fact that you're going to bust out (not cash) in more mtts than you do cash in. it's the nature of the game and you can expect to not cash in 70%+ of the games you play.

two, if you're losing a lot after a big win, it's variance. but if you're trying to recoup those losses by playing bigger stakes, then you're just setting yourself up to fail majority of the time. just because you have a big win and your bankroll increases doesn't mean you're ready to move up and play higher stakes. especially if the idea is 'if i win at [higher buy-in], i'll get my bankroll back.'

if you're experiencing a lot of bankroll swings due to wins and losses, you might want to check your bankroll management. swings are natural, but they shouldn't be like a roller coaster with huge dips.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know why bro, what I do believe is that not because you have a great profit you will also have it the next day, it is not easy or easy to win and much less to do it in consecutive days.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]