Connection problems

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t play already for a week or so, because of the connection. It constantly keeps aborting during tournaments, I end up short stacked. Any suggestions? How is your connection?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have not specified in which poker room you have a problem, and the problem may be up to your security settings

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can’t play already for a week or so, because of the connection. It constantly keeps aborting during tournaments, I end up short stacked. Any suggestions? How is your connection?
Where are you from? I have not this problems at all. Maybe once in month some room have a problem, but it is not up to me.

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to think about changing your provider. Bad internet will not lead to good.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
here in Venezuela that problem is constant the connection is bad falls to everytime and always happens to me the same thing in tournaments going well to go far or with very little charge

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problems with internet connection. My provider is reliable and provides quality services. But I think if you often have this problem, then you need to additionally connect the Internet from another provider or use your smartphone as an alternative access point.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You need to isolate the actual issue.

Assuming you have high speed or at least dsl connection you will have a

1 - Modem connects your internal network to the internet
2- A router (might also be the modem depending on your setup
3 - your PC, Tablet, phone, etc.

What is needed to troubleshoot?
a) Name of your providor
b) modem type there is usually a label on the bottom of the modem. If it is only a modem and not a router then a router will be connected to your modem.
c) if you have a router the make and model of the router also usually has a label on hte back or the bottom of the unit.
c) the above may not apply if you live in an apartment building that provides internet through wifi, in that case you need to see if others on your floor experience the same issue.

Next:
Does it only abort during poker?
If the poker client does not work are you able to use the internet at all? Example go to a website you do not usually frequent like https://www.speedtest.net. But any website will work. Once there click on GO an image in the middle of the page.
If this works that confirms you are on the internet and it is working your speed should at a minimum be about 15mbs download
Do you know what your download speed is?
This is an example of my results the circtle in red displays my download speed of 229mbps. If yours is under 10mbps you are going to have lots of issues with many poker clients.

If you are unable to get to this page when your pokerclient loses connection than its not the poker site or software giving you issues but your internet connection.

Speed
Hope that helps

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

HELLO
I see you from the USA and I probably won't be able to sensibly give advice I'm from another country and I use mobile Internet, and when there is a problem with the Internet, I just change the operator
Best regards, Sergei

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes for me here in Morocco every day the connection stops at 01:32 GMT it's been almost two months

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Internet provider might have some issue in that case cause poker servers are usually well updated.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens to me you have to change internet company or you will have a problem in your area.
When I have connection problems playing on my computer, I have my phone to hand and try to continue playing with the data on my phone.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how i hat it winning something or having good cars and connection lost .... I hate it so much agrression without stoping

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never had connection problems

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have had the same issue at times. I just bought a new PC with new better wireless card and now have had no issues. Could it be the WIFI?