Concerns about confirming your ID online?

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever had concerns confirming your identity with your ID card in online poker?

Or does it depend on the website you are playing?

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely! Giving your info out online always carries a certain amount of risk, especially when the company is in some offshore hideout with no physical address or phone number.

I'm actually amazed at the popularity of some of the shadier sites.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wont mention site but I actually had one ask for a copy of my social security card several years back. Yes they asked for a copy of the card. OK then, I wont play there.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, there were problems. I solved these problems right away. The support service of the room asked to make the photo clearer or send additional documents. I sent everything they asked for and the problem was solved. I wish you a solution to the problem, too.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And on common sites, like Pokerstars, GGpoker?
Probably the most trustworthy of the bunch. Bottom line - they won't give you full privileges to deposit and withdraw funds unless you confirm your identity and residency.

hecendorfer

hecendorfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha always.. i mean its a good thing but im not quite understanding why do i need to prove my address even.. which sometimes (if your bills are not on your own name) only can be done with a bank state.. that is a bit unnecessary in my opinion

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been wondering about sending my drivers license, electric bill, etc to
these skeevy sites since 2011. Just don't see how these scumbag operators
can be trusted.........

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Giving ID

I believe that before ever playing with real money online, you need to be sure that you will be paid after winning. Identify the site you're playing at and see if they have an address aloquant. Then yes if everything is alright.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Have you ever had concerns confirming your identity with your ID card in online poker?

If i had these "concerns" i wouldn't even step into (online) gambling world lol
Although i used to know certain freaks who basically were afraid of just that ^ ...

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to be very careful when you give your documentation through the network, it does not matter if it is through poker or in any other site, there is always the probability that they can steal or duplicate your identity. I think that unfortunately to cash prizes you have to do it, the safer the poker site is according to the statistics of its users, the better the probability that your documentation is safe. Regards.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I worry about this thema.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be very careful when you give your documentation through the network, it does not matter if it is through poker or in any other site, there is always the probability that they can steal or duplicate your identity. I think that unfortunately to cash prizes you have to do it, the safer the poker site is according to the statistics of its users, the better the probability that your documentation is safe. Regards.

Yes that's what I was thinking, too. And that's the reason I have concerns.

But you are right, if you cash, you have to confirm your identity

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its a nessesary process to ensure game integrety. Otherwise people could just multiaccount and collude like, there was no tomorrow. If I dont trust a site enough to send them a copy of my passport or a utility bill, I would certainly not trust them enough to deposit money there either.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once had a problem with a website. After the next replenishment of the account, I was asked to confirm my documents previously uploaded to the site.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you are an adult, then there will be no problems. Send the scans in good quality and no larger than the size that limits the sending of the file. On well-known sites, document processing is fast. On less well-known sites, identity verification can take a long time and the support service may have additional questions for you

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not concerning me if I know that site where I play is legit and safe. They just need data to confirm your identity.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If they send me a check they need my address.

AzadaliMali

AzadaliMali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MV
Chips
It's a legitimate worry, especially with so many websites out there. The level of security can vary quite a bit from one site to another. Instead, what I'd suggest is to do your homework when picking an online poker site. Go for the ones that have a reputation for being secure and reliable. Read some player reviews, see if they have robust ID verification processes in place, and check if they're licensed. And hey, if you're ever curious about how convincing fake IDs can be, there are some eye-opening videos floating around online. If you want to see some examples of these fake IDs in action – just for curiosity's sake, of course – you might want to check out https://fakeyourdrank.com/fake-id-videos

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I went through the verification process several times. In general, the procedure is quite long, 2-3 weeks, but it is probably still necessary for the sake of our own safety in the first place. To confirm my identity, I provided a photo of my passport and a bank statement.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Não vou mencionar o site, mas na verdade um deles pediu uma cópia do meu cartão de previdência social há vários anos. Sim, eles pediram uma cópia do cartão. OK, então não vou brincar lá.
Wow!! How absurd. You did well to get away from there, I don't think there's any need to ask for something like that for identification...