Computer Upgrade

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have finally upgraded my computer. I have played on a laptop with an extra monitor for the last 5 years. It still functioned but it was time. I found a bargain desktop with an Intel core I5 10400 with a 500GB SSD , the solid state hard drive is so much faster and I added RAM to 16GB. This is not expensive at all, "gamers" would say my equipment is last year BUT for poker it is very good. I am not running sims. I do multi-table tournaments and my laptop would heat up especially after pokerstars forced everyone to run their new graphics engine.

The bottom line is that for a few hundred dollars my machine can now run all the poker sites and tables that I want without any lag or issues of tables freezing, etc... has anyone else found it worthwhile to have a good setup to play poker on? It makes a long session so much more enjoyable when I do not have to worry about my machine causing me problems 6 hours into a MTT

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your successful purchase. In my opinion, poker rooms should not be too demanding. For players, the main thing is to see the table and the cards. Everything else is not so important. But the system requirements of poker rooms can grow to the requirements of modern computer games, unfortunately.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not say which video card is on it. If you add a good video card of at least 6 GB to this computer, then you can play online games with good settings.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like laptops over desktop PCs. I have a laptop with similar specs and I paid about $500 USD for it. With that said, I'm not a gamer so it is a nice task laptop. Either way upgrading is always nice when you see the new speeds that you are getting.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what the champion computer looks like after the update:thrasher:

181717_O.png

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha Vallet that is a great classic image!

Jsnake congrats on the new setup. It's so much nicer playing on a lightning-fast machine.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did not say which video card is on it. If you add a good video card of at least 6 GB to this computer, then you can play online games with good settings.

This is what the gamers don't like , it has an integrated graphics UHD 630. Since I only play poker and do not run sims, or need the machine to do anything more than basic office tasks it works well for me.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on a weak laptop
i plan to buy SSD and 8GB of RAM