Coming off of inactive the moment it's your turn

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has this ever happened to you? You raise into an inactive big blind, thinking you'll just take it down by default, but the freaking nanosecond the action passes to them, suddenly they're active again! I definitely file this sort of thing under "dick move." How the heck do people even do that, anyway?! I wish I knew how it was even possible...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is coincidence most of the time - but they can watch the table action and try to get there at the right moment. It is unlikely to work every time though.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, and of course everytime it happens we have a weak hand. Lol.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think that you can fake that with this precision but maybe some of them will become disconnected on purpose. You need to observe how often they are doing this.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has this ever happened to you? You raise into an inactive big blind, thinking you'll just take it down by default, but the freaking nanosecond the action passes to them, suddenly they're active again! I definitely file this sort of thing under "dick move." How the heck do people even do that, anyway?! I wish I knew how it was even possible...

This is Something I'm aware of and make use of from time to time...

Ok so you need the toilet and there's another 30mins til Next Break. you set to "Away" and you return a few minutes later to see your cards pop up and its rubbish so you don't touch any thing, you don't need to and its saving you Battery power in your wireless mouse.

When you see a great hand and depending on position you click "I'm Back", if you're lucky you do catch a blinds thief about to take your Blinds with 3 2 off suit, "the cheek!!!" you say to your self as you grin and throw an egg at him (888Poker)...

But I also use the "Away" tick box when its a really long grind and it seems you've hit a down swing... it just saves clicking the button to disappointment....

Stop when the fun stops or when you're set as "Away":eek::eek::eek::eek:

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, too, believe, that this a simple coincidence and not bodee moreover

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep I did that a few times

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen it at the tables and I think it's more often a player with a lousy internet connection, especially when trying to play away from a home network on a mobile device. If intentional, it would be a weak angle shot at best and risk dumping the winning hand when trying to ambush a victim

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is odd how that seems to happen to everyone....but when you play so many hands it's going to happen

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always chuckle when they play back to my minraise. Sometimes I will give action just to make it seem like I have a hand.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're clearly levelling you into opening a wider range so they can hard exploit you because they think you'll think they're not countering with a widened range.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm always surprised its allowed online. I could be wrong, but I don't think you get that option in real life...?

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.the chat has its own zest, sometimes you can use it to throw your opponent off balance.)

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Annoying, when there sat out for hours, come back donk all in double up sit out.
Also annoying when you have 8 sat out you're trying to blind them out and the other guy insists on trying to bet rather than knock the guy out with a simple check and then their idiot move doubles the sat out player up ..

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always surprised its allowed online. I could be wrong, but I don't think you get that option in real life...?
Someone can post for you if your late to a tourney and you're allowed a break but sitting out the entire game is not allowed .

If your inactive without a legit reason online for two hours your blind should double or you should be kicked. Its a joke watching someone play one hand and them getting paid when i sit for 2 hours 30 minutes. Getting paid I may add after going all-in with jack 4 and hitting 44 turn and river to take out 7 people ..

CarlosLemarDixon

CarlosLemarDixon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to agree with Debi. It's just coincidental.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather than folding, I assume some people go inactive until a decent hand shows up. I have no problem with this as I am playing my hand. But it is also a good tell, someone sits out then pops back in, they must be holding something. So play accordingly you may be able to trap them. I hate the people that take forever to decide every time. They are just inconsiderate of others. Once in a while yes you need time but some A holes take all the time every time. Guess they think they look like real professionals, an! you don't, get over yourself.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It probably happened to everyone. There are times when a bad connection throws you into inactivity and nothing can be done about it.Maybe even the opponent specifically chose this tactic to stop stealing the blinds.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like it is coincidence.. I see it manny times that happend....It is a little bit weird ..

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have it too. When I'm not away for long and someone tries to steal my blind. But You must understand that the player can return. I think it's not a good idea to try to steal the blind with a 7-2 hand. :)

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone can post for you if your late to a tourney and you're allowed a break but sitting out the entire game is not allowed .

If your inactive without a legit reason online for two hours your blind should double or you should be kicked. Its a joke watching someone play one hand and them getting paid when i sit for 2 hours 30 minutes. Getting paid I may add after going all-in with jack 4 and hitting 44 turn and river to take out 7 people ..

Someone can post for you? In an online tourney? Never heard of that. Or were you talking about live poker? In a live tourney, if you aren't seated, your hand is dead, and you lose your ante.
Once I got in trouble for trying to pay the ****tail waitress while it was my turn, and I saw aces. So I couldn't stand up or my hand would be dead. So she had to stand there until after the hand lol.

jirasuonna

jirasuonna

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also think of all the times you have had to step away, for the bathroom, snack, et cetera, and come back to to see AA or some other great hand, you dive for the mouse and frantically try to click "I am back," but fail horribly and watch a hand you would crushed take down a monster pot.

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen it, I don't know if it was on purpose or not.But I don't think this is the best strategy.But a couple of times I think it will work.