Check out other players...

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering, when playing on ACR or BCP do you check what countries other players are from? I normally do , it's seems players from Eastern Europe and South America are more aggressive than the average player. What do you think?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russia players are aggressive, too.

Except that , the younger player are more aggressive than older players.

And what is the most aggressive player ? Bingo players, they all-in every hand.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
brazil I always make notes on, most are terrible players that want to play bingo not poker.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are bingo players everywhere, regardless of country of origin. For several years now I have not compared aggression with the player's country of origin. I already understand from which country the opponent is)).

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, you are true
Check too

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's silly to try and gain info on an opponent from where they live,,, :deal:

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Well, there's nothing wrong with being aggressive in poker, but I have to say that I agree with you. I thought It was only me thinking Eastern Europeans and South Americans (Especially Russians and Brasiliens) are definitely more aggressive than average. They don't hesitate to shove with any A or any pair or call your shove with pocket 3s. The good part about it is that they pay you off when you make your hand. So patience is the key playing against them.

W

wimpyfish1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I totally agree with you partner.
In general I find south american players to be more aggressive.
But not all lol,poker keeps a person guessing a lot

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do, and i agree with you, especially players from Russia tend to go all in early.

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely agree. It's fairly easy to spot the fish, so you just need to have a strong hand cause they'll shove with anything. As far as aggressive play being tied to a particular nationality, I think there are those types of players fairly evenly distributed among the country. Trust me, there are plenty of donk Americans.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually check them. But It's just for fun. There's no big meanings. But I quite agree to your opinion. Anyway the most important is knowing the person itself and myself. Countries? It's just rough data.

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm brazilian and I think most brazilians (and south americans, like if we were all the same in these countries) are much more passive than russians (or eastern europeans, like if they were all the same). But that is just "air", a guess, it doesn't say anything about the player sitting on my table.

HUD data, your notes, the hands you played against that player and the hands you watched him play those are data that you will help to build an image of that player.

Other than that..... take notes because someone is from Brazil or Russia.... seriously? #séloko

Sharkscope is also a great tool, but since I don't have a premium account (limited to 5 searchs/day) I usually only sharkscope someone when I keep seeing him everytime or final tables (which are rare for me).

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Within my first week playing at ACR I started keeping track of all the different countries I have played against. That was near the end of March, and I just recently added Andorra, Cambodia, and Viet Nam to give me a total of 86. I would love to pick up Laos which would give me a set of the countries where the Vietnam War was fought. I've already got the trio from the Baltics: Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia. It has been a fun second hobby for me. :)

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering, when playing on ACR or BCP do you check what countries other players are from? I normally do , it's seems players from Eastern Europe and South America are more aggressive than the average player. What do you think?
I always do but not just because I want to analyse them... no, I am just interested in the countries my enemies are from.

Yours Luki:icon_bigs

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There may be minor major similarities between players of a given nation.
But I usually pay attention to the style of that particular player, and if I can’t make the mistake of labeling because of his nationality, then I look great that he doesn’t even play the way I first thought he would.