antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Chat is on , but when I play more than two tables it's hard to chat at the same time . If I see a comment for me or my hand , I respond . If it's a malicious one , I don't pay attention at all cause If I answer I know how this will end . Only in CC games ofcourse , in other games I don't interact with unknowns , their intentions are to extract info about you or frustrate you/make fun of you most of the times , unfortunatelly ......

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn it off, but sometimes when i get a bad beat, or something it make me mad, i want to say something :)

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is on for me, I don't mind. Mostly I communicate with the people at CC games and I love it! Usually, it's only positive vibes and it even helps my mindset. If someone ever starts bothering or being rude, there is always an ignore button.

In addition, chat can be a nice poker tell. When someone starts writing bullsh1t in chat or calling other guys fish/donkey/fool etc. I might be tagging him as a "fun player". It's just solid regs don't do such things, they usually have their emotions under control and are focused on the game.

But have to admit, that sometimes I turning off chat in favor of tournament statistics, as it's more important to see how many players left to bust till ITM.

Or for example, when I have a session of 7-9 tables at once, it's hardly possible to chat or even recognize everything being written. There is simply no time for that.

love the chat during the cc games but on regs or multi tabling im the same, 50/50 tho i do have 1 or 2 guys that we comp eachother on plays etc .. nothing aggressive as those players usually weed themselves out

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good or bad, I like the chat, and the throws at 888 :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Conversations in the chat distracts me, so my chat is turned off. Sometimes I turn on chat during CardsChat freerolls.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At pokerstars, my chat is turned on, but I basically do not read what they write there. At 888, chat is uncomfortable and interferes and it is turned off.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yah i do love the throws at 888 but the chat is horrible especially when multi tabling on 888 as it interferes with my hud/screen but also with pokerstars had the throws and thumbs up etc as its a quick way to get involved in play without committing to much effort

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always leave it on . I feel I can get information from it . And all information is good for your game .

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat is on...
Usually just to call others donk when they waste their stack with 4 9 off...

But sometimes you can rally make use of it by trying to influence an opponent when he has a hard decision to make on the river... You probably never know if it was really the chatting that made him call your check/shove on the river. But why not play some psychological games? Poker is not only math.

I

Icetrerix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat off

I also go with the chat off, I find that there is other information that can be displayed that is more helpful and less distracting.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use it too much of a distraction.:):):)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chat is off, i dont like to chat

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk to everyone, swear, laugh, in short I do everything that is done at the table, but it knocks off the game! :) Especially when two Argentines are in parallel dialogue, generally the game stops working )))

Yes I can childbirth to accept at the table, during game, in late the all! :)

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never turned chat off. I find it useful in how I respond or engage with a player. I want to know who is being verbally abusive, or just down right mean. I also want to know who's nice, and make notes accordingly. Yes, that's right, I make notes on all sorts of things I feel will help me when up against that player. How they play, or actual examples of hands THEY'VE been in.

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99% of the time I don't even look at the chat box, because I find it distracting, useless and there's no time to interact with people anyway when multi-tabling.

However, occasionaly when playing HU versus a fish, it can be useful to make them go play higher stakes versus you or just set them on tilt. I know it's a bit mean, but noone forces the other person to have the chat on (and I never did it unless they were abusive or I've found their manner of play insulting to my intellectual abilities).

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always turn off chat as there is to much obscene words

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The chat box is the closest aspect to "live poker" that u can achieve online, imo. It's such a nice part of poker, in general. To be able to pick apart a players' actions due to their comments is a plus. When players do not engage or keep quiet is a minus. Whether they're trolling or being sincere in the chat box is, imo, just another tell/tale.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use chat unless something crazy happens (like someone flopping quads). It's probably a good idea to turn chat off if you tilt easily imo - there are definitely players out there that use it to talk smack.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of the times I turn it off because I multi-table and seems like being polite is an extra skill for many human beings out there. In some CC frees I like chatting with some guys but some CCers are also human beings.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I almost never read what they write in a chat. What for?

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat off, always.
It is a distraction that affects my game.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My chat is off, I just want to focus on the game I am playing. I am so relaxed, and having some drinks, when playing poker. So really even if chat is on, I wouldn't even focus on chatting, I just focus on the game.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use chat, but it's good when it is.