Catching and Missing

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For quite some time I have believed that sites like pokerstars put parameters in their software so as to limit or in some way influence the winnings of players, however, that bubble has burst. I was recently on a real good roll, placing ITM in two consecutive tourneys and winning the third, then it stopped and I mean dead stop...nothing worked. Like I said at first I believed PS was manipulating the cards, then I entered a tourney in ACR, 888 and pokerstars all at the same time, all micro buy in SNGs guess what I could not win on any of the sites, so much for blaming PS, I am pretty sure the sites don't all collude so it is just a matter of the Poker Gods not smiling..Your thoughts?:):):)

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I use to have some same thoughts actually I think most of poker players who pass through a downswing playing online is hard to believe I remember myself like no way that's impossible comeback I was winning by 95% edge the site hates they're cheating but after a while the truth is that sometimes I was on the 5% side and have won just that maybe don't remember also what helps the most to fight against this thoughts is study and prepare your mindset and study more the concept of variance I'm sure that is the best way to face it ... good luck!

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello mate! surely you had a great day, mainly you were in a good mood to play and everything went more than well. When you have started to have a bad streak surely your desire to play was decreasing and so is your level of play, if you add to that the variance that the game has, it results in a bad day or days of poker. It happens and I blame the sites almost always despite the fact that I know that it is also partly and most of it is because I am tired of playing. When this happens, a good rest is recommended, mainly clear your mind until you really want to play again. greetings from Argentina!!

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bunch of other problems to think about cards and their system, but sometimes it’s interesting to think about it, because often the same cards come and catch you with the same combination.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For quite some time I have believed that sites like Pokerstars put parameters in their software so as to limit or in some way influence the winnings of players, however, that bubble has burst. I was recently on a real good roll, placing ITM in two consecutive tourneys and winning the third, then it stopped and I mean dead stop...nothing worked. Like I said at first I believed PS was manipulating the cards, then I entered a tourney in ACR, 888 and pokerstars all at the same time, all micro buy in SNGs guess what I could not win on any of the sites, so much for blaming PS, I am pretty sure the sites don't all collude so it is just a matter of the Poker Gods not smiling..Your thoughts?:):):)

Thank you for posting

You may wish to think about why when you lose you want to think about being cheated and not the 2 most likely reasons, variance and not playing optimally.

When we focus externally on reasons for our losses we harm our mental growth.

By not saying what did I do wrong first we may excuse loose play or emotional reactions in game that we need to look back on rationally for the reasons we lost

Also good tournament players cash 1 out of 6 tournaments on average

So if you cashed 3 that means you could easily not cash the next 15 and be on schedule to be a good player. As well you could not cash 30 in a row and then cash 3 and you would still be a good player

Hope this helps

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're just overestimating your edge & underestimating variance, happens to the best of us, but dont blame the sites for your actions ;)

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is called variance.
are you making all the right decisions in the long run?

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this is called variance.
are you making all the right decisions in the long run?

I like your article
I noticed that I get the chips lead early in a tournament and then hours of doing a lot of folding to keep my chips I find myself stressed out as we get near the bubble.
I do finish in the top ten percent but I should make it to final table.
But now my PokerStars doesn’t work properly and I don’t know what to do.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checkmath

I use checkmathpoker.com real-time GTO tool.
Can't go without it now.

Try it, it has a trial.

Maybe I'm too old or my mind is too slow but just looking at the charts shown on the Checkmath home page gave me a headache...I think I'll stick to notes on players and experience and instinct and yes probably losing more than winning. I just think those digital tools , HUDs etc ruin the aspect of the game and make it less inviting. I play to win of course but I do count on MY abilities not some software...:):):)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed one thing - that after big upswing comes downswing to make the variance equal.
I think that you also experienced it.
Good luck :)

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm too old or my mind is too slow but just looking at the charts shown on the Checkmath home page gave me a headache...I think I'll stick to notes on players and experience and instinct and yes probably losing more than winning. I just think those digital tools , HUDs etc ruin the aspect of the game and make it less inviting. I play to win of course but I do count on MY abilities not some software...:):):)

Very well said. I think the human aspect of poker is what it is at its core not a computer telling you what to do what the other player does etc

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Amen to that, brother. The problem with tracking software is that you need to play a lot against the same opponents to accumulate enough data for the statistics displayed by the tracker to have any significance and be helpful to you, otherwise same statistics are rather misleading and detrimental. For recreational players, that's not an easy task at all.

I would rather play one table at a time, pay attention to how my opponents play, and take notes about what I find significant.

Besides, thinking that software use would make a winning player out of a losing one is nothing but a pipe dream.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the whole practice of my game at poker stars, I noticed that the whole game goes in waves, and when there is a decline (loss), it is necessary to stop for a while. After all, when you go up, even if you go all in with 23 different suits, you will win against AA. Maybe it's a random number generator, but the truth is covered in darkness) good luck to you in the game)

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on which table, it is best to catch

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, if you are not a professional who makes a living from it then I think a good mood is very important. If you get bored at the table, you can make bad decisions.
If you feel tired or bored rather sleep one.