Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
D

doubtless

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello im interested in knowing the amount if players on here that consider themselves casual versus those that use online poker as their main income.

Also any info on the different online poker rooms with similar info would be interesting to see

JIM70201

JIM70201

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
welcome

Hello im interested in knowing the amount if players on here that consider themselves casual versus those that use online poker as their main income.

Also any info on the different online poker rooms with similar info would be interesting to see

Hi doubtless! welcome. I'm newby too. I can tell you a few facts regarding poker rooms in base of my experience till today.

SOFTWARE:

pokerstars. Cool GRAPHICS - RELIABLE (desktop version) - very frindly to deposit and make retirements. I peeped 888 and partypoker also, but they are not so good as PS.

BONUS: If you are thinking to deposit for first time ,POKERSTARS is definetly the best option. the other two poker rooms i have checked out (888 and PP), have not so clear rules regarding amounts, wagering restrictions, withdraws etc... I'm still waiting 888 nodeposit bonus since 1 week.... THINK IS LOST at this point.

I play 75% of the time through ipad, and PS IOS App, is the best of the trhee i have checked, even when i am a little disapointed with the last update

Regarding FREE rolls, i think PS, as the most popular poker room, has more than any other room.

MY ADVICE to you: Take your time, at least 1 week, to deep dive a little more in strategy, or starting hand ranges, familiarize with them, before going to the action. Believe me, that will save you for wasting your bankroll, and your nerves...

Beside that, have fun, and do not think poker will save your financial life. not even close from there.

Best regards,

:jd4:

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play every day for about 8 + hours a day, don't make as much as pre black friday but it beats a shitty 9 to 5 :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm definitely a casual poker player. Before quarantine period, I almost didn't had time to play online poker (only weekends), now I play almost every day, but it's more for fun.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think almost evetybody here plays just about 2-4 hours every day.
Only few pros are exception.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can say that I am a casual player. I play every day 1-3 hours a day but I don't try to win a lot. Expensive tournaments do not appeal to me, and I rarely go to tournaments with an average buy-in. Only if I have a ticket.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I dedicate 8 hours to Poker every day, I think I belong to the group of those who dedicate themselves full time. I don't know what you will use to give a definition of a player.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a casual player who mainly plays freeroll tournaments, though I would like to breed the winnings in buy ins.

In the USA, most people are limited. Some more than others. You might try Bet Online. They have the best software of US user sites, and have good games with average players. Sports Betting is the same as Bet Online, often even cross platforming games (and you can't log in to both at same time).

Next best US players site is Americas Cardroom. It has good software, and a good variety of games, from freerolls to millions, omaha and stud, heads up to full ring. ACR is probably the most active card room, and there is something for everyone (even two cent blinds).

intertops Poker has software I don't like. I can't put my finger on why, but it is horrible.

I haven't played at any other sites (Bovada or ignition or others), so I can't comment on those.

Good cards and welcome to Cards Chat.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a casual player for sure. I don't have the time to get in much volume with active teenagers. I do look forward to playing when I do get time!

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It would be nice to know what your definitions of Casual vs Full Time is.
I would think a full time player, puts in 40hrs/week at the tables,
A part timer would do 20-40 hours, and maybe casual would be less than 20.

In which case I think I would fall solidly in the part time section. I put in about 30 hours/week at the poker tables.

It is my secondary income, as I make more money with passive income generating opportunities, but as for active income - it is the only source of money I currently work for.

So, since it isn't paying the bills yet, it's not a full time gig. But it is my main active source of income.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now I am a casual player but I think I want to focus on it more. Never did do any coaching, poker software and so forth. I may change my ways on that.