CardsChat-Tournament Streams - would you watch it?

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys!

So i was wondering if you guys have recently seen a Twitch-Streamer play the CardsChat Tournaments live on stream? And if not would you enjoy watching content like that?

Back in 2020 i was having my own stream in german working close with the pokerstars School DE - having my own promotions for events - helped with articles for their website but mainly focussing on their tournaments.

Since change in the adminstration and due to a new gambling law in germany it all stopped. Resulting in me loosing interest not only in streaming but in poker. But i am thinking about giving it a new shot in 2022 - mainly focussing on CardsChat tournaments that time - so i was wondering:

Would you guys be interesting in having a live stream for the tourneys covering the play even if i bust? Since i am german i may be able to play the freerolls for the german community covering them in german as well as others and maybe covering them in english.

So make sure to tell me if you only understand english or german!

Also does anyone know who could be the right contact person to ask about agreements for using of logos / creating links for the forum and more?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I only watch these twitch streams which give out prizes so no

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey Guys!

So i was wondering if you guys have recently seen a Twitch-Streamer play the CardsChat Tournaments live on stream? And if not would you enjoy watching content like that?

Back in 2020 i was having my own stream in german working close with the PokerStars School DE - having my own promotions for events - helped with articles for their website but mainly focussing on their tournaments.

Since change in the adminstration and due to a new gambling law in germany it all stopped. Resulting in me loosing interest not only in streaming but in poker. But i am thinking about giving it a new shot in 2022 - mainly focussing on CardsChat tournaments that time - so i was wondering:

Would you guys be interesting in having a live stream for the tourneys covering the play even if i bust? Since i am german i may be able to play the freerolls for the german community covering them in german as well as others and maybe covering them in english.

So make sure to tell me if you only understand english or german!

Also does anyone know who could be the right contact person to ask about agreements for using of logos / creating links for the forum and more?
Hello Duderino89,

Risto is always like that, it's not just special treatment for you, don't worry! :wink: :laugh:

Yes, some members stream their poker sessions, sometimes including cardschat freerolls. :)

It's something I plan to finally start doing myself in 2022 also.

Lots of cardschat members show their love and support for the community via avatars, word of mouth, wearing merchandise when playing live or posting links elsewhere, such their social media platforms.

It would be surprising if this were ever to be a problem (we always want more poker lovers at cardschat :biggrin:) unless one were to post said links somewhere incongruent with cardschat values or otherwise inappropriate... :dontknow:

That being said, it always pays to ask if you're not sure so well done for erring on the side of caution! :icon_thum

Perhaps posting here at cardschat letting people know when you plan to go live, or mentioning in freeroll game threads that you'll be streaming might get your viewer count off the ground, just don't forget to set a delay! :flute:

All the best,

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys!

I've seen only 1 guy from ACR in the last summer, who streamed the sunday 3$ CC tourney, don't know it is a regular one for him. Probably you have seen him on this forum, too. Gripsed

And no, i definitely wouldn't watch, maybe rarely FTs if i can catch, mostly because annoyingly slow played tourneys, often total shortstack games (mostly because of the slow play), plenty players do this typical freeroll, very micro play, limping with everything style, what you don't see anywhere else except these limits, sometimes a hand takes 3-4 minutes.... so no, it was annoying even playing them, when i tried...

Pardon me, at least I am honest...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I think that this will not be a successful venture, maybe I'm wrong.

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Duderino89,

Risto is always like that, it's not just special treatment for you, don't worry! :wink: :laugh:

Yes, some members stream their poker sessions, sometimes including cardschat freerolls. :)

It's something I plan to finally start doing myself in 2022 also.

Lots of cardschat members show their love and support for the community via avatars, word of mouth, wearing merchandise when playing live or posting links elsewhere, such their social media platforms.

It would be surprising if this were ever to be a problem (we always want more poker lovers at cardschat :biggrin:) unless one were to post said links somewhere incongruent with cardschat values or otherwise inappropriate... :dontknow:

That being said, it always pays to ask if you're not sure so well done for erring on the side of caution! :icon_thum

Perhaps posting here at cardschat letting people know when you plan to go live, or mentioning in freeroll game threads that you'll be streaming might get your viewer count off the ground, just don't forget to set a delay! :flute:

All the best,

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately i don't know who Risto is - maybe link his twitch profile so i can give it a watch?

Also i wish you best of luck on your project as well - if there is any help you need on setting up your stream feel free to ask maybe i can help!

The reason i asked whom to ask for permission for usage of logos/links just comes from the experience working with PokerStars School /PokerStars DE social media team. Since i don't want missunderstandings in that regards.

And i think i will make sure to post a thread when going live to let people know. My whole intention is to give players a place to live chat whilst playing the tourney - and yes i do use delay so don't worry! ;) My best streams where when streaming the PokerStars School Scholars Leaderboard tournaments - at the beginning when it was split between nationalities because i think a lot of viewers wanted to see how to adjust in that pokerfield, how to play ICM-situations and how to work a bankroll up from 0$ to something "useable! So i hope that there's gonna be a few people here that enjoy the same concept! :)

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen only 1 guy from ACR in the last summer, who streamed the sunday 3$ CC tourney, don't know it is a regular one for him. Probably you have seen him on this forum, too. Gripsed

And no, i definitely wouldn't watch, maybe rarely FTs if i can catch, mostly because annoyingly slow played tourneys, often total shortstack games (mostly because of the slow play), plenty players do this typical freeroll, very micro play, limping with everything style, what you don't see anywhere else except these limits, sometimes a hand takes 3-4 minutes.... so no, it was annoying even playing them, when i tried...

Pardon me, at least I am honest...

Hi! Unfortunatly i haven't been to active since i joined, so no unfortunatly i missed Gripsed and can't seem to find his profile maybe you have a link to his twitch?

And yes i totally understand what you mean with shortstack play it was and still to this day is regular play in other tournaments like scholars leaderboard as well. People getting too moneyscared for the payjumps and not having enough confidence to plan going for the win. And this pretty much would be where my concept would start - showing another way of how to play in a more aggressive way and trying to accumolate a big stack to aply ICM pressure to other player. I was thinking more of an educational stream in the beginning - railing players that are in the live chat and later on giving them my opinion on certain spots.

Just watching players timebanking down can be super boring - totally understandable - but maybe when i come back you want to give it a try - if not don't worry and thanks for your opinion :)

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Th big game

broadcast Cc note 1000 tournaments many are Cc members who come to Cc to learn. The Cc tournament must be the best tournament in Mmos must be a great path to your professionalization

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I think that this will not be a successful venture, maybe I'm wrong.

I hope that you are going to be wrong but you'd never know! The whole concept would be Stream that has educational purpose on how to play in certain situations - but also a stream that give players the room to go into a live chat and have a friendly banter with other players from the tourneys! Also some people like to see someone starting from scratch (i think i'm going to delete my past sharkscope history after 3 years) and seeing where they can go again!

Do you have any ideas how to make that concept more appealing to others (like you) or why you don't think that it would work?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey Duderino,

I think it can def be something that members will get into and watch. I have watched a few streams with CC games played.

The one mentioned above Gripsed, you will be able to find him on twitch with that name or here on CC as Evan Jarvis(his actual name). He usually plays the CC $3.30 game on ACR on Sundays and his own home game at the same start time. This is def worth a watch, he has loads of prop bets through the tourney, which really adds interest and fun to the stream.

Another is David macdonald. He streams a lot of his CC league games, daily freerolls plus loads of his own buy in games on pokerstars and is building up a loyal following! Check him out.

Ribbybruno also hosts Ribbysruckus on a wednesday on ACR, with the ACR CC freeroll too, although this is too late for me to enter from the UK. Also a really fun stream.

Hope this helps. Finally I'm sure I would stop by, assuming the chat was in English, pretty limited on the language front sorry! :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope that you are going to be wrong but you'd never know! The whole concept would be Stream that has educational purpose on how to play in certain situations - but also a stream that give players the room to go into a live chat and have a friendly banter with other players from the tourneys! Also some people like to see someone starting from scratch (i think i'm going to delete my past sharkscope history after 3 years) and seeing where they can go again!

Do you have any ideas how to make that concept more appealing to others (like you) or why you don't think that it would work?

Ideas like yours are embraced by many. For me, this question is no longer relevant. Let's say I'm more interested in material that deals with the analysis of played hands and tournaments.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Unfortunately i don't know who Risto is - maybe link his twitch profile so i can give it a watch?

If you (or anyone actually) finds out who that person is then let me know?
I'd like to see his twitch profile aswell (this is not sarcasm) ...

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure. :) We are a family and always nice to hear the members aspects and have enjoyable time with them. I think if you consider to continue streaming, this is just a wonderful step without any risk or wasted time. :)

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch poker streamers a fair bit and I would definitely watch a stream with just CardsChat games. Especially the league games would be great to watch!

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Duderino,

I think it can def be something that members will get into and watch. I have watched a few streams with CC games played.

The one mentioned above Gripsed, you will be able to find him on twitch with that name or here on CC as Evan Jarvis(his actual name). He usually plays the CC $3.30 game on ACR on Sundays and his own home game at the same start time. This is def worth a watch, he has loads of prop bets through the tourney, which really adds interest and fun to the stream.

Another is David macdonald. He streams a lot of his CC league games, daily freerolls plus loads of his own buy in games on pokerstars and is building up a loyal following! Check him out.

Ribbybruno also hosts Ribbysruckus on a wednesday on ACR, with the ACR CC freeroll too, although this is too late for me to enter from the UK. Also a really fun stream.

Hope this helps. Finally I'm sure I would stop by, assuming the chat was in English, pretty limited on the language front sorry! :)

Hey Span!

Thanks for all the information - i wasn't able to answer faster due to the 10 posts restrictions (haven't posted all too much as of now). I'll make sure to check their streams out as soon as i get the Time for it.

Getting all the input really helps figuring out where i want to go with my streams!

Since i only play on PokerStars atm my main focus would be on those freerolls - making sure to change between english and german chat. English for the free for all tourneys and german for the german freerolls! I'll make sure to let you know when i'll start streaming! :)

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure. :) We are a family and always nice to hear the members aspects and have enjoyable time with them. I think if you consider to continue streaming, this is just a wonderful step without any risk or wasted time. :)

You're right there is no risk - but i'd like to start out strong knowing who'd watch it and what they want to see! So my idea is quite simple for the german freerolls i'll have my stream in german - and tryout on the open freerolls as an english stream.

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch poker streamers a fair bit and I would definitely watch a stream with just CardsChat games. Especially the league games would be great to watch!

That's great to hear - i still have to figure out the league games so far - but since you seem into them allready maybe you can link me the right threads to read through?
My only issue is that currently i only play on pokerstars :X

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I have very little free time to watch broadcasts. I wish you good luck in the coming new year!

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I have very little free time to watch broadcasts. I wish you good luck in the coming new year!

Thanks - i'll take this as an opportunity to wish each and everyone of you best of luck in the new year and i hope that the next year will be more kind to each and everyone of us!

And hopefully bring new entertainment in my stream :rolleyes:

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's great to hear - i still have to figure out the league games so far - but since you seem into them allready maybe you can link me the right threads to read through?
My only issue is that currently i only play on pokerstars :X

You can sign up here for the Team League:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/cardschat-winter-league-2022-sign-up-495755/
Cut-off for sign-up is January 5th at midnight ET. You must have 35 quality posts and be active for 30 days. I see you only have 30 posts so you have a few days to get some more posts done, but I am not sure how long you have been active since as your join date is 2019 so I'm assuming you were not active for a period based on your number of posts.

And check here for information about the Individual League:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/events-41/
There was a season that just ended but I don't see a new post yet for the new season so you will just need to keep checking back.

All these games are played at Replay poker. It is a website poker site, no download required and they use with only play money from what I can tell. You can get free play money everyday for logging in (similar to PokerStars) or you can buy it.

However, if you are planning on streaming the CardsChat tournaments, I would suggest you get working on obtain Freeroll Club Access (Platinum Level). Otherwise you are restricted to the handful of Bronze Level tournaments and they are just not the same. The password gets leaked every game so the player pool is just absurd and it's just not enjoyable because you are just playing with CardsChat players.

You can find all the information on reaching Freeroll Club status here:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...freeroll-club-452867/?highlight=freeroll+club

Hope this helps:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest probably not. There are a lot of poker streams already, and if I occationally watch one of them, I prefer to watch someone, where I think, I can learn something, and where some interesting spots might come up. And no offence to you or anyone else, but a CC freeroll just does not fit the bill.

A few years ago Doug Polk admitted in one of his videos, that his 100-10.000$ bankroll challenge had not exactly made him as much money, as he had hoped for. He made the 9.900$ profit at the tables obviously, but as a content creator it had been a flop for him. His words were "nobody wants to watch you play the micros".

And thats even someone as famous as him. Most people - and myself included - would rather watch Doug Polk or Daniel Negreanu play some high roller games, we can only dream of playing, to see, if we can pick up some tricks, and also just for the excitement of the money at stakes. Again no offence to you, but thats just the way, it is :)

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting offer. I would watch tournaments with games of club members, but I would not be interested in watching when there are 1000 people in tournaments.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would watch :)

Drop the link with your stream name in it!

RibbyBruno & BigMacPoker are my favs that stream from CC at the moment :)

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can sign up here for the Team League:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/cardschat-winter-league-2022-sign-up-495755/
Cut-off for sign-up is January 5th at midnight ET. You must have 35 quality posts and be active for 30 days. I see you only have 30 posts so you have a few days to get some more posts done, but I am not sure how long you have been active since as your join date is 2019 so I'm assuming you were not active for a period based on your number of posts.

And check here for information about the Individual League:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/events-41/
There was a season that just ended but I don't see a new post yet for the new season so you will just need to keep checking back.

All these games are played at Replay poker. It is a website poker site, no download required and they use with only play money from what I can tell. You can get free play money everyday for logging in (similar to PokerStars) or you can buy it.

However, if you are planning on streaming the CardsChat tournaments, I would suggest you get working on obtain Freeroll Club Access (Platinum Level). Otherwise you are restricted to the handful of Bronze Level tournaments and they are just not the same. The password gets leaked every game so the player pool is just absurd and it's just not enjoyable because you are just playing with CardsChat players.

You can find all the information on reaching Freeroll Club status here:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...freeroll-club-452867/?highlight=freeroll+club

Hope this helps:D

Thanks for all the Input and a happy new year first of all!
I am not too sure about the league games now - because as of now we are forbidden to play with play-money in germany. Though we can play with real money - new gamgling law done by people who don't know anything as it seems.

And well i'm trying to get into the platinum level - will take some time but as of now i'm happy to get to know the community a little bit more and see how everything is going to develop.

I'll make sure to tag my stream when i am going to stream - currently am working on a schedule where i have to split between german and english commentated streams - since most of my old viewership only know me from german and there's some german only CC freerolls it would be fitting ;)