Caffeine and Poker

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink a lot of coffee when I play. It gives me a good kick in the brain. Anyone else have a favorite pick-me-up drink to help them focus on the game? Only downside is having to rush to the bathroom before the hourly break and maybe missing a hand! :D

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coffee is my favorite drink any day.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In Vegas I balance a black coffee in one hand (or a red bull) and a Caesar in the other (after I have looked at my hand once). Having too much coffee may allow others to have a read on you if you become "too" alert...hence my solution for a balance.;)

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink a lot of mountain Dew! I also like few beers but my games suffers big time with beer. I don't drink coffee even when I don't play poker. But I always have a drink.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also drink coffee while playing. I make the coffee weak and dilute it with milk. From this decision, I get less load on my heart.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like coffee and I do not want to change it to something else.

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one of my favorite morning routines, get my coffe ready, sit down to study a bit and go to the grinddd :D :D

Sometimes I do strained coffee and sometimes I use the Italian one, both are excelent o/

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´ve never liked coffee.I prefer water when playing poker.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Caffeine is all a well-known psychostimulator, it really helps to focus and not get tired much. I haven 't had coffee in a long time. During the game, I drink black (uncooked) tea, often with dark chocolate.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like coffee too but I rarely have more than 2 in my day , sometimes I drink black tea or earl grey tea , super tasty and it is full of aroma!

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink way too much coffee, both when playing poker and in regular life. The only downside for me when combining poker with coffee is not being able to make it to the MTT hourly breaks before needing to pee...

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, coffee helps me for those brain-intensive tasks. I don't usually use it for poker because I generally play at night but any morning-afternoon activities sure need it.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't drink coffee, I don't smoke, alcohol very rarely but I drink a lot of Pepsi. It's my only addiction. I got to drink more "black juice" than water. I know it's not okay and I have to do something to reduce the quantity. :angel::eek:

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also don't like coffee, prefer tea or water. I like to eat something sweet while playing

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all agree that coffee and poker are friends, in addition to having its benefits (caffeine helps you stay focused), it is also very comforting to drink a hot cup of coffee (or tea, as the case may be) when the sessions are very long.

We can say that drinking coffee is EV + for our game. :coffee:

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink a lot of coffee when I play. It gives me a good kick in the brain. Anyone else have a favorite pick-me-up drink to help them focus on the game? Only downside is having to rush to the bathroom before the hourly break and maybe missing a hand! :D

Coffee is my favorite drug:D I like to drink coffee while playing poker, but if I drink more than one cup I will have sleepless night:(

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been drinking coffee for 30 years, but I still miss it. Only problem is that coffee without a cigarette is unthinkable for me. And I quit smoking 30 years ago, but even today if there is with one coffee cup in my one hand in the other need a cigarette. So I do not drink coffee. But a glass of good red wine anytime can come

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink anything while playing poker, only after the tournament I can relax and celebrate my victory or defeat, for this I use something from alcohol

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a binge session I like an energy drink, they can keep ya going for hours!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A refreshing iced tea works for me!

Some are just as strong as coffee.

Good luck !

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Yeah, I have coffee with the first games of the day for sure but only one or two cups.. The rest of the day will be water/tea/OJ..

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer the healthy foods and I avoid coffee, because it is not good for health! Generally I do not like to drink "boosters", because they cause problems to the body in the long term. Just good rest and light food during the game!

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
buzzzzz

I do like a little coffee before a game. Its a decent simulator, sometimes i don't mind a gin and tonic so when i lose i don't feel so bad.