acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Strange! I was still putting in the bet amount and the system simply discarded my cards. This is not the first time this has happened. My connection was good at this moment. However, i noticed that 2 of the 6 PS servers were down.

Why does the system sometimes discard your cards automatically and in other situations it uses the time bank normally, if you still have the full time bank and haven't used it yet?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my experience, this happens at the early blind levels, or when you're first to act, after someone has raised. the software don't allow the time bank use, I think pokerstars don't see a reason to think is this situations, idk if this is a bug.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is because at the moment there is no way to keep servers without interference and failures. After all, a large number of clients with different connection quality affect the performance of the servers. If everyone had the same call quality, this could be avoided.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think its about servers or connection, sometimes when you start a new tourney or sit and go, you need to activate timebank manually by clicking on it, after its clicked it will activate automatically in the next hands

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is because at the moment there is no way to keep servers without interference and failures. After all, a large number of clients with different connection quality affect the performance of the servers. If everyone had the same call quality, this could be avoided.

Do you think this must be it or are you sure?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think this must be it or are you sure?

I often come across this because I work in the field of server-related work. Therefore, I can say that at the moment there is no 100% possibility of avoiding this problem.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't understand why you have to manually activate your timebank , many times ai have lost good hands because of it on PS

If you get disconnected in cash games or tourneys , there is an extended disconnection timebank , which I do not understand why it gets activated to few people and to others not . I was playing today zoom cash and one got disconnected , 2 min or more was the disconnection protection time . To me nothing . Maybe it gets activated ONLY if you are in a crucial hand with many $$$$ invested in the pot , au do not know .

I also see it on ACR , I get disconnected and timebank is not activated automatically , so I lose the hand . But I see in other players the timebank gets activated if they get disconnected . In some players yes in some not , I do not get it .

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't understand why you have to manually activate your timebank , many times ai have lost good hands because of it on PS

If you get disconnected in cash games or tourneys , there is an extended disconnection timebank , which I do not understand why it gets activated to few people and to others not . I was playing today zoom cash and one got disconnected , 2 min or more was the disconnection protection time . To me nothing . Maybe it gets activated ONLY if you are in a crucial hand with many $$$$ invested in the pot , au do not know .

I also see it on ACR , I get disconnected and timebank is not activated automatically , so I lose the hand . But I see in other players the timebank gets activated if they get disconnected . In some players yes in some not , I do not get it .

I have this impression too, sometimes it is activated automatically and sometimes not. I think this should have an additional time (1 min of protection maybe) and then start the timebank when the connection is re-established. And if it is not restored, the player should remain absent.

Thinking about it now, i think they removed this feature because users used it as a way to gain time improperly. I remember that in the past when i played on Full Tilt, the game was stopped for long periods, because a lot of people used this feature.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have this impression too, sometimes it is activated automatically and sometimes not. I think this should have an additional time (1 min of protection maybe) and then start the timebank when the connection is re-established. And if it is not restored, the player should remain absent.

Thinking about it now, i think they removed this feature because users used it as a way to gain time improperly. I remember that in the past when i played on Full Tilt, the game was stopped for long periods, because a lot of people used this feature.

They can impose some rules to avoid this improper use , maybe restrict the use of the protection disconnection time during ITM and pre-FT bubble . They have ways to deal with manipulation attempts of

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience when I play on the pc sometimes it gives you a little more time but on the smartphone there is no bug