BOTs threaten online poker

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The new bots that are coming to the market are more powerful than ever and some are already capable of playing at medium levels. The belief that they can only work at very low levels has been broken, against novice players. Now he manages against players with some experience and, who knows, tomorrow he will be able to handle high stakes. And that will be complex ... The worst thing is that now they are not only managed at these levels. The incredible thing is that, sometimes, they become profitable on their own. And that is a barrier that we never thought we would go through ...
No poker room is bot-free. Some are stricter - and more effective - than others, but none are 100% safe in this regard. Therefore, you will have to learn to live with these characters and try to get the most out of them if you ever run into one.
Will this all end as a pokeronline BOT?

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi carlosnuno,

An interesting post, thank you! Personally, I trust in cyber security Teams of e.g. pokerstars. I'm Pretty confident that those guys are smart as well and trying to stay uptodate as far as new bot Technology and threats goes. Of Course, as you mentioned, Software is ever evolving. However I believe it is a back and forth between Software getting better and better, trying to avoid current cyber security measures and between cyber security community developing new means to hault the new Software. And again, Software learns how to avoid the new means and so on and so forth.

I'm not an IT guy at all, but I believe that there must be certain traits in poker bots that security Software is able to detect. Again, this is only my believe, I might be totally wrong here.

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars is the best for catching bots for sure.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend forget the bots!
Spend all that energy to evolve in poker.
Don't lose focus!
By the way, do you play poker?
Or play bot?
:flute:

Last edited:
carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi carlosnuno,

An interesting post, thank you! Personally, I trust in cyber security Teams of e.g. pokerstars. I'm Pretty confident that those guys are smart as well and trying to stay uptodate as far as new bot Technology and threats goes. Of Course, as you mentioned, Software is ever evolving. However I believe it is a back and forth between Software getting better and better, trying to avoid current cyber security measures and between cyber security community developing new means to hault the new Software. And again, Software learns how to avoid the new means and so on and so forth.

I'm not an IT guy at all, but I believe that there must be certain traits in poker bots that security Software is able to detect. Again, this is only my believe, I might be totally wrong here.
it gets difficult, it is like a war between good and evil and even more so in these times when technology welcomes us and where intelligence is the boss. the desire to get easy money and by any method is spreading throughout the world like the loss of values

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend forget the bots!
Spend all that energy to evolve in poker.
Don't lose focus!
By the way, do you play poker?
Or play bot?
:flute:

I play poker recreationally, but I'm only concerned with how vulnerable this tech world has become and how many people are just imagining how to dishonestly profit from this situation.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When cheating has happened at the higher lvls of online poker the case has been cracked through playback/hand history right? I do t see bots winning big tournies or big money cash games as long as hand histories and replays still are a thing. To say they may win but they wont get away with it. Those pesky kids and their dog will unmask them in the end.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When cheating has happened at the higher lvls of online poker the case has been cracked through playback/hand history right? I do t see bots winning big tournies or big money cash games as long as hand histories and replays still are a thing. To say they may win but they wont get away with it. Those pesky kids and their dog will unmask them in the end.

I have my doubts on the subject. In the world we live in where technology and the use of it have no limits and determine the amount of money that moves in the medium of online gambling, it is not unreasonable to think that more than one of these boys is working in beat the system and make unimaginable profits. Call it bot, hack or some program that gives you the advantage to get easy money. If they hacked the pentagon for fun, I think the money is more incentive Watch out and they are already doing and we are innocent on the spot

Mariya

Mariya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!!!

now the 21st century, everything can be both bots and programs, probably more so because always online sites want to earn big tournaments especially

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Will the bots be playing freerolls and the low buy-in levels that most of us play?

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will the bots be playing freerolls and the low buy-in levels that most of us play?
Of course, according to connoisseurs of the game, BOTs mostly play at low levels, where we play the majority.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game is already harder to beat than it use to be. With all these advanced bots maybe it will soon be impossible.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this is a vastly overblown issue. Right now games are extremely good because of all the new recreational players coming into or back to online poker. And when I am winning at 20 BB / 100 in cash games, why does it even matter, if a few of the regulars are using illegal software? Not saying its ok, and of course I want the poker site to catch them. But I am not there to play against regulars. I am there to play against recreational players, and they are not using illegal software.

B

BILTIZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but is a bot a short term winner or a long term one ? if it is a long term winner the answer is simple stop 3rd party App ( hand history) for users and soon these bots will turn out to be more costly than profitable

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt that anyone here will beat a computer, in fact I think they do not understand the point

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I got called a bot the other day, I took it as a compliment :p

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with every cyber war, the war between bots and security teams is constantly evolving.
After doing a small research online I did notice how easy it is to get a functioning bot.
I assume it is also pretty easy for great software online poker companies like Pokerstars to catch up with the existing bot software and ban the players.
I would be reluctant to trust less popular sites with questionable security precautions.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
note that pokerstars has already happened once where a player using his programming knowledge and in some way unknown since the issue was not clarified (summary secret I imagine), he could beat the system and win a big tournament. Tarde was discovered by the security personnel of the page and they ended up indemnifying all the players of the tournament. I think the mistake of that guy was to point to the large amounts of bets, if he had continued in the small pots he would never have been discovered and the easy of small in small sum. Pokerstars never explained if in the end said player took the big pot. I think I read that such compensation was for $ 5,000 to each player

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With so many hackers out there today, it is not unreasonable to think that more than one hack has taken advantage of the situation