Are bots scary or not?

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! Do you think bots are a serious threat to online poker? Or is it all an invented threat and poker rooms can easily cope with any bots and players using them?

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for beginners, they are more dangerous than regular players. In most cases, bots avoid gambling situations and fold cards. You have to play in a variety of ways, to mix game styles.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that bots are a real threat in poker !!!

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting topic are these bots. I personally do not know how to determine that the bot is sitting at the table. I would be interested to know on what basis they work and how to determine that it is a bot and not an ordinary little fool who is just lucky today.:confused:

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a terrible scourge of online poker, and poker rooms is clearly not cope with this threat.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots play a pattern. Sometimes they can be defined. But there are players who play in the same style and understand where the bot and where the player is hard. This is possible only by analyzing the history of the game for certain parameters.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bots do not get tired, they do not need a break, they quickly count the numbers and make the right decisions. I like to play with live people more.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play them just like you play any other player. Sometimes you have the best hand, sometimes you don't. Bots don't mean automatically winners.

M

Master Bedroom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I presume a bot plays GTO and nothing else?

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just saw an article published lately about AI Pluribus defeating pros in 6max table... It was the case before in Heads up but not in 6max. Hopefully the poker room will find a way to spot them...

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sites should definitely go after bots, since they violate the TOS for most/all sites, can be programmed powerfully, and because most people want to know they're playing against other humans.

With that said, there are definitely bad bots out there. I have a friend who used to actively seek out a couple of low-stakes heads-up bots on Merge network because he was confident in his edge and they gave him unlimited action for a time. So not all bots are tough opponents.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bots only as good as the person that programmed it and i cant say ive ever noticed or had an issue with anyhting like this.They either aren't that good to begin with or they aren't prevalent enough online to worry about imho.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not have fear of bots.Because a bot never have a smart a human have to select the best situation for call , fold , raise , tribet , overbet, underbet etc.The humans mixed much more the game and adapted the game.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, I try to make the right decisions and avoid mistakes and this is a priority for me. Bots are just mathematical algorithms that do not have intelligence and therefore do not represent any threat for qualified players.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What if the bot is built by the poker site and works with the sites software? Just a thought!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two thoughts on bots. First, they are bad for real-player poker. Regardless of whether or not the bot is programmed well, the simple fact that they never tilt, never get tired, never need a break, etc. means they can play their optimum game and just sit around waiting for you to make mistakes.

On the other hand, I would like to see a "bot friendly" site. A site where you are allowed to build bots and have them play in "approved" bot tables. That way everyone knows who uses bots, knows they are sitting at a table with bots, and the site could collect all the information on how the bots play to identify bots sitting at non-bot friendly tables and shut the accounts down.

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that bots are a room problem. If their reputation is important to them, they must fight bots.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The harm of the robot does affect the interests of ordinary players, but it usually only exists in some unpopular poker rooms.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I think that sooner or later will create such a poker bot, which cannot be will read and I think that as only such bot will emerge, so poker cannot be will become earn and poker will for entertainment.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that there are bots in online poker and poker rooms are struggling with them, I hope that soon the bots will not.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bots are not a threat to poker, because in nolimit holdem, man has the advantage. The threat to online poker are legal regulations that do not allow poker (e.g., most Americans).

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think that bots are not a threat to online poker. I prefer popular sites where, in my opinion, the number of bots is limited.
Good luck.

D

drhousethebest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a safe way to spot bots??

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not have fear of bots.Because a bot never have a smart a human have to select the best situation for call , fold , raise , tribet , overbet, underbet etc.The humans mixed much more the game and adapted the game.
Have seen my comment previous comment? "I just saw an article published lately about AI Pluribus defeating pros in 6max table... It was the case before in Heads up but not in 6max. Hopefully the poker room will find a way to spot them..." So now there exists at least one AI who is able to do all you describe and even better than a human and in 6max table!!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots leak coolant at an alarming rate instead of peeing.